banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is the gainey stuff that Jerry Donahue tele lead can do (with a Mesa V-Twin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the gainey stuff that Jerry Donahue tele lead can do (with a Mesa V-Twin)

Did it for some jam on the Les Paul Forum...

- Mesa Boogie V-Twin (power amp out)
    - Alen Geere Boom Boost
    - EMU 1616m
    - RedWirez 1960 cab IR
    - Antress' Modern Plugins
    - 2001 Mary Kay White Strat (I have the tele lead pickup in the bridge of my strat!)
    - Bridge Position: Duncan Jerry Donahue Tele lead

I appreciate your feedback. That is, when none of you guys reply, then I kinda assume that my playing sucks and you guys are too polite to say it and all... you know...

Hope you like it...

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: Here is the gainey stuff that Jerry Donahue tele lead can do (with a Mesa V-Twin)

Wow, that is very articulate and the playing is top notch as usual. Love the chromatic stuff... would have loved to hear it in an actual tele though. lol

500K pots?
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Re: Here is the gainey stuff that Jerry Donahue tele lead can do (with a Mesa V-Twin)

Sounded great. I don't know why you'd ever wonder or care what other people think about your playing.

Comment

sweet chopz, man.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          Sounded great. I don't know why you'd ever wonder or care what other people think about your playing.
          It's just natural... it's hard to play and progress in a vacuum.
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
            It's just natural... it's hard to play and progress in a vacuum.
            I've never really cared what others thought about my playing. I play to make myself happy first and foremost. I do however hope that they like the music that I've written.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              I've never really cared what others thought about my playing. I play to make myself happy first and foremost. I do however hope that they like the music that I've written.
              That is some sort of weird Spock-like elevated state. : )

Comment

Thanks guys... For the time, and ears and nice words.

Jolly, it is about getting feedback and all... There has been times in which I kinda made myself believe what I was doing was nice and all... For a while I was obsessed with the BB King kinda vibrato, and was trying to do it in fast runs and all... And it was ****ing up the intonation yet I kept on doing it... until I got some feedback you know...

It's for progress and getting ideas and for growing you know...

B

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                  Wow, that is very articulate and the playing is top notch as usual. Love the chromatic stuff... would have loved to hear it in an actual tele though. lol

500K pots?
                  Well the bridge of this strat of mine sounds almost like a tele... still lacking the genuine bridge, I think, makes it a bit less punchy and a bit more dull you know. But still good. I think, JD on the bridge is a much better "tele for strat" pickup than others you know...

The pots are all stock, 250K that is.

B

Comment

Sounds great dude, fantastic playing!
                    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                    Originally posted by CTN
                    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Thanks.

B

Comment

sexy time!

Comment

Man that is just great stuff!!
                          I enjoy these posts alot......

Comment

Working...
                          X