Rockin In The Free World sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockin In The Free World sample

Its 2:30 am, been playing a bit with Guitar Rig, and found a sound I quite liked for this sort of thing.

Basically its ESP Eclipse with a set of SD '59s, into Guitar rig where I used a Orange amp, Stereo Tune for filling out sound and reverb. Very basic cruncy kinda rock sound, with an 80s vibe to it.

Its just a bit of fun, playing around with the intro to a backing track, think I am on beat, but its late, so no guarantees... First clip in 3-4 years, and havent played much for the past 2 years, so take it for what it is.

Hope you like the sound... Thought it worked well

Let me know what you think.. Will do a full cover later on, just want some initial feedback on sound etc, I know the playing sucks.

Linky to clip: https://soundcloud.com/ahdk89/rockin

Merry christmas everyone

Re: Rockin In The Free World sample

Sounded good to me. I'd turn the chorus level down a tad. I like chorus on guitar like that, but just enough to fatten it up and not really sound like there's any chorus on.

Comment

thats really good! Id say, if you are trying to mimic the original, then yeah, what Jolly said... But, if you are going for the new spin, then leave it as is!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

IMHO I'd ditch the chorus completely, this one is all over the place and I have a feeling no mater how you set it it will always go from ceiling to floor drastically. Chorus/flanger works best when you duplex the guitar parts and pan them accordingly. So basically you have two guitar parts (same riffs), only one done with chorus. This way it fills more space, but it's not aggressive. As soon as the frequencies don't cancel each other out that chorus will stand out, but when just power-chording it will stay in the background.

Comment

Working...
        X