Eminence Governor vs Celestion V30 vs WGS Veteran 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence Governor vs Celestion V30 vs WGS Veteran 30

I'm looking for a good metal speaker because the stock Celestion Rocket 50 wasn't doing it for me. So it's come down to the Celestion V30, the Eminence Governor, and the WGS Veteran 30. Any experiences?

Re: Eminence Governor vs Celestion V30 vs WGS Veteran 30

Right now the Celestion Lynchbacks and G12-65s sound great in my 412, but next up is V30s and G12H-30s or WGS Invaders and Reaper 50s.

Comment

I'm running a 1x12 Blackstar.

Comment

Wizard vs Vintage 30?

Comment

Originally posted by 123acdc123 View Post
          Wizard vs Vintage 30?
          With my HT-5, I like both. Sort of. The Wizard is Eminence's version of the G12H30, and the Governor is their take on the Vintage 30. The combination is phenomenal, and I run it into a 2x12 with that pair.

Comment

Oops, I meant to type governor vs vintage 30, thanks though. I think I'll check out both of the eminence speakers.

Comment

Retro 30?

Comment

I am running a Vet 30 in a Blackstar 1/12 right now and mine came with a Celestian 70 Eighty. I like the WGS's a LOT for high gain. The Vet 30 is great if you want a scooped darker tone and the Retro slays if you need more cut without that nasty nasal mid of a Vin 30.
                I am running the Blackstar 1/12 with the WGS Vet under both my Zinky Blue velvet with the stock Zinky designed eminece and my JCM 900 MK III 1/12 combo with a WGS Retro 30 and it sounds HUGE! I own Vin 30's Vet 30's and Retros 30's and prefer the 2 WGS's to the Celestian Vin30's myself every time I have done back to back head to head tests in the same amps.
                Vin 30 vs Vet 30 vid

Retro 30 vid
                Last edited by Ascension; 12-28-2012, 01:27 AM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  HA! I bought my Dual Rec from this guy... cool channel too, lots of good tests.

FWIW I haven't tried the WGS speakers but I prefer the Emi Governor over the Celestion V30. The Governor, by comparison, is a little louder and fatter and has less of a nasally hump in the mids. Smoother and more musical overall, I feel.

Comment

Working...
                  X