banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pointers on expanding my chord Vocabulary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pointers on expanding my chord Vocabulary?

Hey guys, latey I have been giving the electric a break and working more with the acoustic using more chords and figuring out progressions from various sources. I know, all my basic chords I guess you could say, I need more work on my 7's, but I am wondering where else to go after this?
    I have a few chord dictionaries but honestly they don't help much because they offer no context.

I am just looking for more voicings and variations, that will offer me some new directions and colors to use.

I hope I explained myself correctly. If you have any good resources or suggestions for some books, I am all ears. I am typically, a rock, hard rock and metal player, but lately I have been playing more slower pieces using the acoustic, trying to absorb theory I have been studying and experiment outside of my comfort zone.

I appreciate any help...

Re: Any pointers on expanding my chord Vocabulary?

This might at first sight seem like just another chord book, but it's not - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blues-You-Bo...6632767&sr=8-2 - it goes into quite a lot of detail on how chords are built up, and as it focuses on things in a blues style, is well up on all manner of 7ths. Take a look at some of the review comments, it's very well thought of.
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
    X