Custom Shop Pickup Reviewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Pickup Reviewer

Want to try out some Custom Shop pickups and make some videos? I am looking for a blues/rock player who can do good videos with good sound recording quality. There are lots of pickups that I think there needs to be some actual samples of. While I don't have nowhere near the time to do this myself, one lucky guy in this thread may be selected to do a couple demos and can keep the pickups. Here are some of the possibilities.

JB/JAZZ CONCEPT SET
    78 MODEL
    PEARLY GATES SINGLE COIL
    53 TAPPED TELE MODEL T SET
    BG 1400 LEAD STACK
    CHARLIE CHRISTIAN
    JOHNNY SMITH
    RIPPER
    SCOTT IAN EL DIABLO BLACK ONLY
    GEORGE LYNCH SUPER V
    WARREN DEMARTINI

So, let's see those videos.

Re: Custom Shop Pickup Reviewer

Thank you for the opportunity, Scott. Unfortunately, I don't have a quality recording mic. Also, and even more unfortunate, I'd rather not demonstrate my fretboard "skills" to the whole world.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Scott asked for sample videos.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Would Brobucker count?

B
        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Here's my shot at a 35th Anniversary Commemorative JB pickup review.

80's metal is a guilty pleasure of mine I have to admit... I can do other stuff but just wanted to play the classic JB riffs so people could get a feel for what the pickup can do.

The recording is direct USB and the dialogue was recorded via wireless omnidirectional lavalier. The video is in full HD.

I scanned in my sticker and cleaned it up in Photoshop for the 35th Anny logo at the beginning. lolz

It's waaaay too long but I just needed to get one out of the way so I can see what I am up against as far as labor and time is considered.

I had so many damn riffs I wanted to play (I'm a JB fanatic and collector) that would exploit the 35th Anny JB's strengths and special tone gifts that I had trouble narrowing them down.

I take direction well too and can make pretty much any video that you would like.

Thanks for the consideration.
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post

Here's my shot at a 35th Anniversary Commemorative JB pickup review.

80's metal is a guilty pleasure of mine I have to admit... I can do other stuff but just wanted to play the classic JB riffs so people could get a feel for what the pickup can do.

The recording is direct USB and the dialogue was recorded via wireless omnidirectional lavalier. The video is in full HD.

I scanned in my sticker and cleaned it up in Photoshop for the 35th Anny logo at the beginning. lolz

It's waaaay too long but I just needed to get one out of the way so I can see what I am up against as far as labor and time is considered.

I had so many damn riffs I wanted to play (I'm a JB fanatic and collector) that would exploit the 35th Anny JB's strengths and special tone gifts that I had trouble narrowing them down.

I take direction well too and can make pretty much any video that you would like.

Thanks for the consideration.
            Wow , that is the JB tone , now i must get a 35th Ann. JB , great playing and tone. And I caught the Tora Tora tune you were playing, awesome
            When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Here's a clip I did almost 3 years ago demoing a handmade fuzz pedal that I built.

Comment

Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!

Here's a recent video I did for one of our local retailers demoing the Ibanez Paul Gilbert Fireman FRM100.

Video is recorded with an Olympus PEN E-P3 (sweet new Micro 4/3 format camera I just got a few weeks ago) and audio is recorded via Audix i5 and synced post.

Here's an earlier vid I did on my iPhone + Audix i5 for Line 6. It's not great as it was my first foray into vids, but Line 6 thought it was worthy of linking to from their FB and Twitter pages

PS - I'm not just a speedy player, I can play blues/rock too, it just so happens that those two videos involve Paul Gilbert and EVH...
                Last edited by sixstringsamurai333; 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM.
                http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for and by the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Comment

Zenmindbeginner is going to give the '78 a try. If you are interested, keep the videos coming because we will probably do another one after he is done (Feb).

Comment

Working...
                  X