banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God help me. This is what happens when guitarists have to sing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God help me. This is what happens when guitarists have to sing.

Another tune for my wedding band. Julia Day on drums, John Stuart on lead, i'm doing the chords and the singing.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: God help me. This is what happens when guitarists have to sing.

WHA? Dude...that's you and you're upset with it? Tony Bennett's version of that song is in my top 5 and I gotta be honest, I could listen to your version over and over.

Comment

I'm not upset with it per se cos this is about as good as it gets for my singing. I just dont like singing much. I feel like i'm totally faking (which i am). I'd rather just play guitar. Thanks for the kind words tho. As long as its passable its okay for a reception band.
      Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-06-2013, 03:25 AM.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

You have an extremely pleasant voice! No word of a lie!
        Originally posted by drew_half_empty
        what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Comment

Sounds fine to me. If anything, the key might be a bit low, but the tone of your voice is fine. Pretty good U.S. accent too!
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

lol. too low is no good, but i find the high notes difficult too!
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Practice in the car along with Priest. You'll get it!
              Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Priest? Can't it be something good like Maiden?
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Crikey !! That's great !!

I've seen a lot of jazz bands where sometimes one of the band members will sing a standard because ... well ... ya know ... an audience can only take so much instrumental stuff, eventually they wanna hear someone sing so they can relate better .... and almost every time i've seen that happen, i've thought "the voice isn't strong enough to get on top, they shouldn't have done it".

But your voice sounds strong and confident and sits on top of the music the way a singer should ... it sounds like a singer with a backing band, not a band with one of the members kinda 'singing along' half-heartedly. If, as you say, it's a kind of 'fake' voice, it doesn't really sound like it ... it's better than many supposedly 'proper' vocalists who hold down singing gigs.

It kinda reminded me a little of Vince Jones when he was prominent in the 1990s or whenever it was. Got a bit of that smoky swing going on. Thanks for sharing, a really pleasant surprise. Gonna play it again.
                  Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

need a cheesy wedding band?
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                      Priest? Can't it be something good like Maiden?
                      Anything with high notes!
                      Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Billie Holiday didn't have much of a range. Didn't stop her from singing and didn't stop others from being blown away by her voice.
                        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Sounds real good to me, I don't know if you saw the Vince Vaughn flick, Swingers, but this would have been perfect in the flick.
                          ]
                          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Well that was just cool man!!
                            Very nice voice and way of singing!

Comment

pretty hot, daddy-o. reminds me a little bit of cherry poppin' daddies.

Comment

Working...
                              X