Just had to!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had to!

So Fragmenta is due to hit the studio this month to record our sophomore album and I am in the process of recording demos of the finalized compositions. On this particular demo I also tested out close to the exact setup I want to use to track the guitar parts and the whole thing just came out so great sounding (at least to me it was very pleasing) I wanted to share it.

Just banged it out today, I'm messing around with some vocal patterns for my lyrics in the meantime.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Improved mix
    Last edited by El Dunco; 03-14-2013, 07:22 AM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Re: Just had to!

Cool!! Ill try to check it after I get off work.. Your second disk going to be diff than the first?? Always cracks me up when bands get in guitar mags and talk about the new cd and always say, " its heavier than the last one". even bands like pantera when heavy is what they do.. haha
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Different in the sense that they're new songs but not a drastic stylistic change to the point of alienating the fans of the first record. If you would listen to them one after the other, it would make sense chronologically and show the next step forward as an evolutionary change. Expanding on the ideas that we presented on the first record. So none of that "heaviest record yet" mumbo jumbo.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

wow. sounds fat. i like the drums too. a lot of metal drums sound all thin and tic,tic,tic on the kick but this sounds meaty. warm guitar sounds too. really really good.
        Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-08-2013, 02:45 AM.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          wow. sounds fat. i like the drums too. a lot of metal drums sound all thin and tic,tic,tic on the kick but this sounds meaty. warm guitar sounds too. really really good.

Thanks. I plan to use KT-77s and have the guitar sound a bit brighter, but essentially this tone that I got (from painstakingly matching preamps, powerampsl, cabs and controls) is exactly what I want. I definitely won't go overboard on the brightness though. I find if you start too bright, that's when drums have to click and tick to compensate. I love roomy sounding drums that sound like they're right there and you're on a stage.

I'm also hoping that the slight bluesy feel to the solo (while frantic) doesn't go unnoticed.
          Last edited by El Dunco; 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM.

Comment

cool! I can tell that the production is way different. If you are producing it yourself, You might wanna post it in the sneap and sevenstring.com forums to get some insights on production for teh heavies

Comment

I dig this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                cool! I can tell that the production is way different. If you are producing it yourself, You might wanna post it in the sneap and sevenstring.com forums to get some insights on production for teh heavies
                Yeah, I did this in one day just to get it out. We'll be having a co-producer helping with the actual record. I'm not a fan of the syrupy djent-type scene production from that kind of group and I was happy with the thickness and heaviness of our first record but thanks anyway!

It's mainly the fact I got all the elements I wanted out of a guitar tone without having to have any trade off that made me just go "woah! I gotta show the guys this!"

It's also the first time I had a solo over only a bassline and I'm really happy with how that turned out.
                Last edited by El Dunco; 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I made a mix just for you Everdrone.... It will kick your arse, I bet money on it!

Comment

cool brutha, it sounds a bit better than the original

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                      cool brutha, it sounds a bit better than the original
                      I tend not to spend a whole lot of time producing demos, as long as all the parts are definable for the bros in the band and there's nothing glaringly detracting from being able to listen it's always fine

Comment

Working...
                      X