Anybody ever tried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever tried...

Just proppng up a smartphone and hitting camcorder record?

How was the sound quality? Room Reverb a problem?

I ask becasue I´m considering doing exactly this and want to suss out if it´s even worth trying.
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Re: Anybody ever tried...

I'm sure if you post it someone hear will have something to say about it.
    I want more me in my tone.

Comment

ya, said iphone video is in my sig, it is good if you are filming in a place that is not super loud, otherwise the mic will distort.

Comment

If you can position it correctly to get a good sound, you won't be able to crank the amp if it's anything giggable. The mic on my Ipod touch distorts pretty badly when I have my amp (Blackstar ht-20 through a 4x12) past about 3.
        My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
        The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
        Originally posted by CTN
        I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
        FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I did one a while back with a droid RAZR

not great quality, but it gets the job done especially if you need to chalk something up for a bandmate

just in my one bedroom apartment...pretty bare but verb wasn't an issue
          Originally posted by kilphody
          There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

iphone 5 on a special tri-pod.

Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Tried it with my ****ty lil LG Optimus Net... Sounds like doo doo.

Comment

I remember there was at least one entry in the Riff-Off tournaments recorded on a phone ... might have been Redmist but i can't be certain about that
                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

rumblebox...can you help blueman out with doing this so we can hear a clip or two?
                  Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-08-2013, 02:50 AM.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

might have been Redmist but i can't be certain about that
                    Yip, all the clips, accoustic and stack, recorded for the riff-offs were thrown onto my iPhone voice recorder, but not a lot of performance volume is permitted, and Zerb is wanting to use the video recorder.
                    It should still be the same mic and processing though, and suits a nice raw accoustic sound adequately.
                    👣
                    👣
                    💀

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                      Tried it with my ****ty lil LG Optimus Net... Sounds like doo doo.
                      Would this be the sought after brown sound?
                      I want more me in my tone.

Comment

DUDE.

You might be on to something there!

Comment

Depends on the phone. I caught this Paul Gilbert performance at Guitar Workshop a few years back using my iPhone 4.

My wife's old cheapo smartphone did really crappy video/sound quality.
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                          My Music

Comment

Anybody ever tried...

I've recorded 4 or 5 "sketches" of some new acoustic stuff I have been working on. It's not bad but it could be a lot better. I may actually get the Garage band app. I don't know about the video end tjough
                            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I recorded this a few months back with my iPhone 4S.

-
                              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X