banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Deluxe Strat with JB and Jazz (HSH), S-1 and dual 5-way - know any tweaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Deluxe Strat with JB and Jazz (HSH), S-1 and dual 5-way - know any tweaks?

I recently documented my wiring layout for my American Deluxe Strat which has been upgraded with a SD JB and SD Jazz Neck in an H-S-H configuration. I am attaching a schematic of it here that I developed. I am a technical illustrator and have some knowledge of wiring, but this S-1 switching and dual 5-way is over my head a bit. This setup gets most of what I want. However, I would like to be able to get the neck-middle out-of-phase sound like a Standard Strat with a five way. I don't believe this setup will do it. I get the Jazz neck HB in all configurations which include the neck pickup. Anyone got any tweaks for this setup that would get that configuration in there? I think that, with the exception of switching out the Jazz HB for the standard single coil neck pup, this setup is mostly stock. I did notice that the middle position on the five-way with the S-1 button pushed in is a the 2 HBs with no middle pup. This setup doesn't seem to take full advantage of the versatile wiring provided with the neck pickup. Your tweaks are welcome!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	S-1 Strat Wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	5826337
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mamerjamer; 01-07-2013, 10:30 PM.
Working...
X