Strat+Big Muff goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat+Big Muff goodness

Fender Strat w/ Fralin SP-42's (tuned to standard)--> Basic Audio Tri/Ram muff (triangle setting, mids about 10:30)-->68 Bassman (El Capistan delay and Timmy for solos)

We recorded this original yesterday. We forgot to turn on the low filter on the recorder, so there's a bit more low end garble than I'd like, but we had already done like seven takes and nobody wanted to do another. I really like how ****ing heavy this tune is, especially the breakdown. Just goes to show that you can play any kind of music with any kind of guitar.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Strat+Big Muff goodness

Schweet sludgy stoner rock!

Loved the heavy tone you got.

Are you using position 2? Did you not get a ton of EMI/RFI noise with the Fuzz and overdrive?
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Thanks, man! I'm really happy with the way this song came out. Still working on my songwriting skills.

I was using the bridge puckup of the strat only. There wasn't much more noise with the od compared to without the od, but that's mostly because the od is used just as a volume boost. The fuzz, on the other hand, is pretty noisy. That's just the nature of single coils, though. It's so worth it for that amazing chunky tone.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

muff diving is always fun.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

awesome! Sleep and Sabbath induced muffery

Comment

Working...
          X