Pod Hd Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod Hd Desktop

I'm looking into getting a pod had desktop from line 6 to run into my blackstar ht 20. I like the layout and the way you can make the signal chain and split the signal. Any experiences?

Re: Pod Hd Desktop

I sold off a ton of dusty pedals recently and got one. I have a 8 month old daughter and need to be able to rock through my HD280 headphones. Noteworthy is that i moved from a Vox Tonelab LE and ST. Take note that it requires a high impedance set of earphones. my HD280s are 64ohm and even that isnt in the relm of what it wants to see. i get some distortion at high volumes. so if you think using your 16ohm earbuds for your ipod with it. you wont get great tone.

It is nice. Though i do have some gripes. I wish it had a FX loop like the HD500 does. I would like to integrate pedals that the HD does not have modeled(EHX Mistress flanger). The amp models are what shines. and the new firmware adds the SLO100!!! but i have to say i have some observations.

-The drive pedals all are ok but they have alot of counterintuitive tweaking. I sat my violet ramshead muff side by side and tweaked the fuzz pi model to sound the same and it took an hour and the settings were ones i would not have tried without having the real miff side by side.
    for instance the tubescreamer model has a tone vol and drive. but also has treble and bass. thus you can get classic mid hump bass cut TS tones. but you can also get modded screamer sounds. i matched my barber unlimited and saved it in a patch for when im away from my board or cant play loud when my daughter is asleep. The key is setting everything at what you normally do in real life will prob not sound like the real pedal. If you get the POD, message me and ill send you my SUF VRH muff settinsg and barber unlimited settings. I also have one that makes the analog flanger sound close but no cigar to the mistress flanger.
    -the JCM800 model sucks. having played a 78' JMP this thing never sounds quite right and the tonelabs have always had a nice jcm800. never tight and never cuts. idk what to do. the Park 75 is what use for 800 tones. or the crunch channel from the SLO100.
    -The Cabinet models are prob the worst part of the thing and they have not aged well. ive used the Redwirez impulses and i have to say if a future firmware allowed us to import our own IRs line 6 could slay the obvious more expensive competition. but they are decent. but when i turn on the greenback cab it does not make me grin ear to ear like my sisters
    -The Dual Amp feature is nice but there are always phase issues unless you play with it alot. also it eats up alot of the DSP. dual amps, delays and reverbs use alot of cpu in the pod. so if you have a metal patch with a layered dual recto and SLO100 then have a stereo delay and reverb it will read "DSP OVER" which means the cpu cant render everything in the given latency. which is kinda a bummer.but you very well can do a full pedalboard sans dual amps.
    -the powersupply is a shamefully cheap thing. be carefull with it.

the pedal doubles as a recording interface too MAC or PC. i use it as a higher quality headphone amp on my laptop lately. i listened to a rip of aerosmith's get your wings from the quadraphonic LP from 1974. at 24bit/96khz it sounded awesome and its a different mix. it has a XLR in that works great too.
    #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
    #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
    #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
    #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
    #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
    Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
    Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
    Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

I think an HD500 is only something like 100 bucks more than the desktop model. Id make the jump to that instead of the desktop. If you ever decided to add a shortboard to the desktop model later, you would have the same if not more money invested and still not have near the output options and effects loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ball&Chain View Post
        I think an HD500 is only something like 100 bucks more than the desktop model. Id make the jump to that instead of the desktop. If you ever decided to add a shortboard to the desktop model later, you would have the same if not more money invested and still not have near the output options and effects loop.
        +1.

I got my HD desktop for $298 from JRRshop with coupon code and it was open box. If that had not happened i would have got the HD500. but i was looking for something small enough sit beside me on the couch too...not a floorboard.
        #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
        #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
        #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
        #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
        #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
        Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
        Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
        Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

Working...
        X