Solo from Pink Floyd's Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo from Pink Floyd's Time

Played on a 94 Fender Am Std Strat, which has an STK-S6 (noiseless equivalent of the SSL-5) in the bridge. Into a Boss eBand JS10, Fender Twin model using Big Muff and Delay modelled effects plus a bit of compression.

Fluffed a note right at the end! Otherwise, enjoy! Good demo of the lovely sounds you can get from the Stack Plus pickups.

Re: Solo from Pink Floyd's Time

That was damn fine
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Nice job! I love playing Gilmour even though my guitars all have too many coils.

You've dialed in a nice guitar tone using that setup! The only thing I would tweak (if you're trying to really nail the album sound) would be to add a bit of a short delay on top of that. You can hear in the long bent notes on the album an almost dripping echo/reverb. I'd try a short echo (couple hundred ms?) with a decent amount of regen/feedback. Your tone is really close, but just a hair dryer than Gilmour's tone. Basically, you want to put the "room" back into the recording.

Nice clip!
        Originally posted by DreX
        Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
        The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
        There's no substance to anything I have posted.
        Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
        I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Yeah... stuff like that isn't the eBand's forte, really. It's a practice tool, and so all the effects stuff is oriented towards quickly getting a "close enough" tone. I have a better Time sound set up on my proper rig, but for late night playing and recording the eBand is fantastic.

Comment

Nailed it!

Really nice chops, man. I so wish I could play like that ...
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Ah yeah man...sweet sweet playing!!
              Got that slightly out of tune B string as well....cool!

Comment

Sounded good to me too. Add a soupçon of 'air' to that and you're there. The fluff isn't really that noticeable, but I can understand how it can grate, especially on a song that's so well known.
                Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
                X