Country Solo - Shania Twain LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Solo - Shania Twain LOL

Well I'm playing in a couple country bands now. One of them is a duo with two female singers and they are wanting to do a couple Shania Twain songs. Lol One of them is "Love Gets Me Every Time", so I had to figure out the solo for it. I think I got it close enough...
    Discover and play over 320 million music tracks. Join the world’s largest online community of artists, bands, DJs, and audio creators.

Surprisingly, this song is actually fun to play. Haha
    Last edited by guitarkid; 01-22-2013, 06:21 PM.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Re: Country Solo - Shania Twain LOL

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
    Well I'm playing in a couple country bands now. One of them is a duo with two female singers and they are wanting to do a couple Shania Twain songs. Lol One of them is "Love Gets Me Every Time", so I had to figure out the solo for it. I think I got it close enough...

Surprisingly, this song is actually fun to play. Haha

NOTE: I don't know if this media player is working or not, but if not, the link is right under it.
    Here is the actual link:

Listen to Love Gets Me Every Time - Solo by guitarzan92 #np on #SoundCloud

Great job!~ It is a fun style to work on and it sounds like fun solo to learn. I love drop D.
    Maybe consider a tad less gain? Keep an eye on the phrasing of that first bend/release. Get those double stops in the end smooth and this solo will really jump.

Thanks for sharing and great job again!

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene / Austin Texas
    Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
      Here is the actual link:

Great job!~ It is a fun style to work on and it sounds like fun solo to learn. I love drop D.
      Maybe consider a tad less gain? Keep an eye on the phrasing of that first bend/release. Get those double stops in the end smooth and this solo will really jump.

Thanks for sharing and great job again!

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene / Austin Texas
      Hey Rodney, thanks a lot! And thanks for the constructive criticism. I will definitely take all of that into mind and work on it. I just learned this less than 12 hours ago, so I still have a lot to polish up on it. Lol

And yeah, I'm going to try a little less gain next time. I was using a modded TS9 for my drive, but the issue is that it has way more gain than a regular TS9, and I actually had the drive set at 0. Lol I'm planning on getting another TS style pedal thats not so gainy. I'm really thinking about just getting a Wampler Paisley Drive.

Thanks again man!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
        Hey Rodney, thanks a lot! And thanks for the constructive criticism. I will definitely take all of that into mind and work on it. I just learned this less than 12 hours ago, so I still have a lot to polish up on it. Lol

And yeah, I'm going to try a little less gain next time. I was using a modded TS9 for my drive, but the issue is that it has way more gain than a regular TS9, and I actually had the drive set at 0. Lol I'm planning on getting another TS style pedal thats not so gainy. I'm really thinking about just getting a Wampler Paisley Drive.

Thanks again man!
        Hey GK, I totally understand bout the gain/overdrive situation. Have had to work through that before. Paisley drive is great, but honestly, it is pretty much has a TS9 vibe and although you CAN drop the gain to get a great tone, in doing so you lose too much volume level (as they are interconnected like an amp). In my opinion using Wampler the Euphoria/Ecstasy pedal is the perfect pedal for all types of overdrive, including the TS9 vibe. Man I can't tell you how dynamic and sensitive it is. It is a perfect pedal as far as I am concerned. I have an Ethos Overdrive coming from Rob and Sue in about 2-3 months (Been on the list for 3 months now) that may be the only alternative for me though I haven't played the Duncan Twin yet.

Best of luck on the search! Hey in the meantime I find it helps in country music to roll off the volume and tone knobs until you find the sweet spot (if you play a Tele). Big help for me. Full on volume never works.

My small board...I have BOSS backups of everything.

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas

Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Gene View Post
          Hey GK, I totally understand bout the gain/overdrive situation. Have had to work through that before. Paisley drive is great, but honestly, it is pretty much has a TS9 vibe and although you CAN drop the gain to get a great tone, in doing so you lose too much volume level (as they are interconnected like an amp). In my opinion using Wampler the Euphoria/Ecstasy pedal is the perfect pedal for all types of overdrive, including the TS9 vibe. Man I can't tell you how dynamic and sensitive it is. It is a perfect pedal as far as I am concerned. I have an Ethos Overdrive coming from Rob and Sue in about 2-3 months (Been on the list for 3 months now) that may be the only alternative for me though I haven't played the Duncan Twin yet.

Best of luck on the search! Hey in the meantime I find it helps in country music to roll off the volume and tone knobs until you find the sweet spot (if you play a Tele). Big help for me. Full on volume never works.

My small board...I have BOSS backups of everything.

Much Respect,

Rodney Gene, Austin Texas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38009[/ATTACH]
          Alright thanks man! And I really dig your setup! I haven't tried a Wampler Euphoria/Ecstasy yet, but I've been wanting too. I might try out my Timmy, JHS Morning Glory, or Pearl for it next, but I just really dig the TS flavor for some country licks. And yes, I've been playing my 94 American Standard Tele on most of the stuff lately. I completely agree on tweaking with the tone and volume knobs. I don't know why I wasn't even thinking that today. Lol

Btw, here is my setup right now. I run this through either my 59 Bassman RI or DRRI. Might seem a little overkill, but I play in a Praise & Worship band, a Country/Southern Rock band, and a Christian Rock band, every now and then, so I've got to have a versatile setup.

Comment

Working...
          X