critique my open mic set! (take too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critique my open mic set! (take too)

hey ya'll, ive got an open mic later this week. so, as such, I'm practicing and looking to improve the set. i am offering myself to your scrutiny, fire away.
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: critique my open mic set! (take too)

I have done tons of open mic nights in Isla Vista, santa barbara, california when I was going to ucsb and working on my indie singersongwriter emo stuff; so I have seen the feminines and the goofy and the coverband and the amazing singersongwriter play before and after me...

make sure you have whitty stuff to say before during and after you play

try to be less pitchy by sticking with one note and hitting it dead on, and more upbeat with the memorable choruses. good stuff, cheers d00d!

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
      I have done tons of open mic nights in Isla Vista, santa barbara, california when I was going to ucsb and working on my indie singersongwriter emo stuff; so I have seen the feminines and the goofy and the coverband and the amazing singersongwriter play before and after me...

make sure you have whitty stuff to say before during and after you play

try to be less pitchy by sticking with one note and hitting it dead on, and more upbeat with the memorable choruses. good stuff, cheers d00d!
      meh, upbeat...I'm not too good at that. I could try for memorable choruses I suppose, its never felt "right" for me to write/play upbeat stuff. I will work on the pitchiness for sure though. I appreciate the feedback.

I also shoot for decent banter...some days it goes better than others.

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X