Suhr Riot pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Riot pedal?

I saw a clip of one the other day and the dude nailed some Ratt and stuff with it. Whats the word with these?? I did a search and got a ton of threads where they were mentioned in a what pedal should I get thread and I saw one shootout where a diff pedal was chosen..

Are these useful? hype or what?? Im sure (suhr haha) they arent cheap...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Suhr Riot pedal?

Its a fine pedal - to me more of a "turn a Fender into a Marshall" pedal. I actually preferred the Shiba, though. I'm probably not of the demographic that would typically use the Riot.

Comment

So, not really a boost pedal for a hot amp like a TS would be huh?
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

IIRC, its meant to emulate channel 2 of a CAE amp (when used with a clean Fender amp - Its in the higher gain Marshall ballpark.). Shiba is more TS-like. Don't recall ever trying it with my Plexi. I should do that.

Actually the Shiba boosting the Riot works very well - used them like that for a while.

Comment

Played one through a Fenderish clean amp and it did make it sound like a real thick Marshall. It sounded very good to me, I'm betting it would do fine in front of about any amp. Sorry that's all I know.
          Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Yeah, I'm more of a fan of the Shiba Drive into an amp that's already got some gain.

If you want a Riot pedal that's around $45, the Joyo US Dream is a clone.....although you'd be undercutting a good quality US company in favor of a Chinese ripoff.....but it is a good clone.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post

If you want a Riot pedal that's around $45, the Joyo US Dream is a clone.....although you'd be undercutting a good quality US company in favor of a Chinese ripoff.....but it is a good clone.
              There is a vid of the Suhr vs the Joyo. Joyo is 95% for way less$

An alternative view to Joe is that the American company is gouging you more than quadruple what a few FET's are worth and then crying about it. Be competitive or be quiet.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                There is a vid of the Suhr vs the Joyo. Joyo is 95% for way less$

An alternative view to Joe is that the American company is gouging you more than quadruple what a few FET's are worth and then crying about it. Be competitive or be quiet.
                It's easier to copy than to create.

(I say that as someone that owns a bunch of Joyo pedals.)

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Not to derail, but I really dig the Joyo pedals. I have a Sweet Baby (Sweet Honey clone) and a California Sound (Tech 21 clone). There's a great site that lets you demo them for pretty cheap. $20 for a month, and if you buy it, it goes toward the price of the pedal. They also carry Mooer, Way Huge and some other stuff. pedaltrader.com is the site.

We now return to the original thread.
                  Go Packers!

Comment

Here is a little demo I dido for the Riot Reloaded. Enjoy!

Comment

the us dream is a great sounding pedal, and it's only $30 on amazon.com right now.
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                        the us dream is a great sounding pedal, and it's only $30 on amazon.com right now.
                        As are most of the Joyo pedals

And the thirty day return policy works as well for trying them out

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I've been playing with a US Dream on my "High End & Boutique" pedalboard for the last 6 months and have been secretly loving it. But just looking at my 40$ Joyo pedal right next to a MI Audio pedal has been bothering me this whole time. So earlier today I finally bit the bullet and ordered a mint condition Suhr Riot off of eBay for 150$ to replace the US Dream. I'm sure that it will sound almost the same, but at least I won't ashamed of looking at my pedalboard... although I Almost feel like I wasted my hard earned money, but then I think that I'm getting a new pedal and I forget those feelings real quick!

I almost bought a new Riot Reloaded since it has 30% more gain, but then I found out that they removed some of the low-mids and gave it more high-mids... That's a deal breaker for me, I need's my low-mids!

Comment

The US Dream is great BUT if your rig is already mid-heavy, it will sound like a car horn.
                            It sounds better in front of more scooped clean sounds, which I associate with Fender.
                            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Has anyone compared a Riot to a Pinnacle, Plextortion or SL Drive? (Are they even comparable?)
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X