banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little head cuttin Black Gospel jammin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little head cuttin Black Gospel jammin.

We were one of 2 groups at a Pastor friend of ours Birthday Party a few months ago at his church. At the end of the night we were closing it out and the crowd started calling for a jam with both groups so---.
    Me on guitar, Ron Barbee on Bass, Hunter Reed on drums, Mitch Kelly and Kevin ?? on keys with Van Burchfield on sax. Totally unrehearsed we just came out of our last song then Van and Kevin joined our band on stage and off we went.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-03-2013, 10:58 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: A little head cuttin Black Gospel jammin.

That's a fun groove to play over.

I gotta be honest though....the highgain tone gets buried in that environment of punchy notes by instruments like keys and horns. Your tone would fit that vibe better sounding like Robben Ford, with a cleaner punchy fat tone. Just my 2 cents. I like your playing and the solo, but it's too much of a metal tone and should be more jazz fusion, blues oriented IMO.

If that was the Peavey head you just got, go back to the Zinky or Pro Sonic.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 02-04-2013, 02:52 AM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: A little head cuttin Black Gospel jammin.

Not the Peavy it was my 1990 JCM 900 Marshall MK III combo and was un miced. Where I was the guitar was all I could hear but the recorder was at the sound board so---. I do need to put together a rig that is specifically more geared to this type stuff maybe another old Music man for great cleans and a modded blues driver and TS variant for the crunches ??
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
      X