Riffmaster 2012, Pt. II: Anarchy Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riffmaster 2012, Pt. II: Anarchy Rules

I figured I would make a new thread about this because non-participants aren't likely to check page 14 or 15 of the main thread. I'll probably copy this one into the main thread anyhow.

9slin9er is stepping down (at least temporarily), and I volunteered to take the reins. As my first act of business, I'm going to make this overwhelmingly more laissez-faire. I will almost certainly be the ruination of law & order in this game, but thats just how I like things. Heres how it'll go now...

-No static list of participants. If you want to record something, go for it. If you don't, or don't have time that week- whatever. You're not voted off the island.
    -I will maintain the precedent of "first letter of solo artist's first name counts" because thats how its been going and changing this would just **** up continuity.
    -I'd like to keep the 1 minute mark as a general guideline, but merely a guideline. Nobody has taken that limit seriously from almost the very beginning, so whatever. I've done entire songs on there before, sometimes you just get inspired. No problem with longer...or shorter, I guess.
    -The entry dates remain the same- I'll post the letter of the week on Mondays (probably around 12am exactly, because if I leave it for when I wake up on Monday it may be on the late side- my weekends are Sun/Mon).
    -Go butt-wild with comments, compliments, and sexual innuendo. We need as much encouragement as we can get. And it'd be nifty to have a 100-page thread in the end. Whatever.
    -I'll try as best as possible to post a compendium of each week's entries at the end of said week. I spend too much time online anyhow, it shouldn't be any problem to gather that **** up even with the newly disorganized theme.
    -I'm open to getting some variety in here. Singing, drums, mandolin, keyboards, harmonica, spoken word vocal readings, whatever. Yes its called Riffmaster, but I say lets make it weird. Just no skin-flute solos, sorry.
    -If 9slin9er wants it back, I'll absolutely hand control back over. He thought it up, its his game. I'm just bastardizing it for a while.
    -My goal is to hit Week 26, I just want to have riffs for every letter of the alphabet. After that, I may lost interest and **** off. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let the good times roll.

(oh and this week's letter is still "I," and still post your stuff in the main ongoing thread.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: Riffmaster 2012, Pt. II: Anarchy Rules

I just realized the title of this thread is totally ****ed, its 2013 now. Oops. Whatever, its still a continuation of the original.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
    X