banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telecaster 4-way switching examples: Florance TE60b bridge, Fralin blues special neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster 4-way switching examples: Florance TE60b bridge, Fralin blues special neck

https://soundcloud.com/chuckhawley/tele-pu-samples

Telecaster pickup samples. 4-way switching. There are 3 sets of 4 samples each in this order: Bridge pickup, both pickups in parallel (normal Tele wiring), neck pickup, both pickups in SERIES (modified wiring). Bridge pickup is a Peter Florance Voodoo TE60b, neck is a Fralin Blues Special.
    www.chuckhawley.com

Re: Telecaster 4-way switching examples: Florance TE60b bridge, Fralin blues special

Oh yeah, amp is a 5 watt tweed champ 5f1 clone thru a 12" Eminence Texas Heat speaker. Volume around 2 o'clock.
    www.chuckhawley.com

Comment

Re: Telecaster 4-way switching examples: Florance TE60b bridge, Fralin blues special

Those sounds great, Chuck. I have a four-way on my only Tele, and I was surprised that the parallel tone turned out to be my favorite. I thought it would be the series tone that would blow my mind.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
        Those sounds great, Chuck. I have a four-way on my only Tele, and I was surprised that the parallel tone turned out to be my favorite. I thought it would be the series tone that would blow my mind.
        I'm just impressed with the versatility of it all! Yeah, the parallel is always going to do the classic Tele thing, which is something I definitely didn't want to lose, but the series option is like a very unique humbucker that i won't be able to live w/o now.

Happy pickin'!
        www.chuckhawley.com

Comment

Sweet tones there>!

Comment

Working...
          X