banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Backmasked"- full downtuned heavy classic rock song. Comments appeciated (C5b/PGn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Backmasked"- full downtuned heavy classic rock song. Comments appeciated (C5b/PGn)

Hey guyz, I recorded a new song called "Backmasked":
    Lemme know what ya'll think!

usin' my trusty SG standard, Rick 4003, and my tech 21 pedals for ampz

oh, and SEYMOUR DUNCAN, ON THE PICKUPS! ***round of applause***

any comments at all, or constructive criticism is appreciated, thanks

Re: "Backmasked"- full downtuned heavy classic rock song. Comments appeciated (C5b/PG

That wah solo towards the end there was ****in' killer!

I love that main line that's throughout the song. It's addictive and it was definitely a good idea to end with it.

Bravo sir!

Comment

Re: "Backmasked"- full downtuned heavy classic rock song. Comments appeciated (C5b/PG

That just ****in' rocks!
      Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
      Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
      Musicians are ****ing retards.
      Originally posted by ex-250
      Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Great stuff man....as said the main line is just cool!!
        Love the changes you put in there!!

Comment

Damn, that is really good stuff. Loving the textures, while still being mean as mean gets. Waiting for Layne Staley to start up... Awesome!
          ]
          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

sounds great man, love the usage and sound of the wah on those lines. Reminds me of sort of a Rush meets Alice in Chains kinda thing. badass.

Comment

I thought that it sounded pretty darn good!
              Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Jerry Cantrell would be proud. Sounds like old AIC not as heavy but still good.
                Originally posted by KBliss
                WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                Originally posted by trevorus
                The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

nice work! love the space in the beginning - kinda wish it did something like that again near the end. flows all the way through & holds interest. very clean & well mixed! did you use that ez mix thingy? if so, I think you got it down to a science now!

Comment

Thanks a ton bros! this means a lot. People on this forum have great taste in tone and are some real musical heavyweights.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                    That wah solo towards the end there was ****in' killer! I love that main line that's throughout the song. It's addictive and it was definitely a good idea to end with it. Bravo sir!
                    Awesome my friend, rock on! Cant wait to hear more of your solos.

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
                    That just ****in' rocks!
                    Rock on!!! thanks brutha, killer! Your stuff sounds great, but even better with that axe fx.

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                    Great stuff man....as said the main line is just cool!!
                    Love the changes you put in there!!
                    Rock on Vasshu, thank you!!!

Originally posted by kevlar3000 View Post
                    Damn, th at is really good stuff. Loving the textures, while still being mean as mean gets. Waiting for Layne Staley to start up... Awesome!
                    Yes, Cool brutha!

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                    sounds great man, love the usage and sound of the wah on those lines. Reminds me of sort of a Rush meets Alice in Chains kinda thing. badass.
                    Awesome man, Glad I hit the mark on this one, many thanks!!!

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                    I thought that it sounded pretty darn good!

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                    Jerry Cantrell would be proud. Sounds like old AIC not as heavy but still good.
                    Thanks, I look up to him, I dug using his signature wah throughout this song. Really nice of you

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    nice work! love the space in the beginning - kinda wish it did something like that again near the end. flows all the way through & holds interest. very clean & well mixed! did you use that ez mix thingy? if so, I think you got it down to a science now!
                    Thanks Dankstar!!! I appreciate the CC - I need to do the space and different textures soon, your stuff is pretty inspirational with the transitioning. I plan to use ezmix more, but on this song I only used it for the reverb/delays on the wah-guitars. Rest assured, I am just adjusting faders and EQs really and do not know basic mixing knowledge like how to adjust a compressor and stuff. The only software I used was reaper, ezmixII, ozone5, recabinet, DC8C compressor from Klanghelm, metal foundry, glissEQ, and the free reaper stuff: reaFIR and reaGate. heads up to ezmix folks: dont get ezmix mastering, get the ozone 5 since ozone5 has way better presets and loudness function is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the props from my 'down L.A. Homie'!!! How are your Phase I assessments going? I remember some environmental planning projects I had with dairy farms in the LA area that had some serious remediation needed, with phase IIs and IIIs and stuff. Cool man!

thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X