what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do?

Im a big believer in KGP big trem blocks. (or other brands) Ive seen the diff these can make. I have an 87 Kramer Pacer that plays and sounds amazing and sings for days. Im thinking that if its this good stock, then it can be even better.. However, Im almost afraid to mess with it.. haha. Would you leave well enough alone, or would you try to make it better?? this is a reversable thing, so probably no big deal, but there is the cost factor and the tearing it down and all.

I know Im being silly, but like I said, I dont want to mess up a good thing either.. But if I can make it better...

a side note: except straplocks, its completely stock. Ive considered putting a diff pup in it, but wont cuz its so dang good as it is..
    Thanks for the input!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: what would you do?

It's easy to try and change back of need be so if you have the money to spare if it's not liked go for it.

Comment

Why try and fiddle with a tone you love and say sounds amazing?

Comment

The old mechanic adage..."If it ain't broke...don't fix it"

-dave
        I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

2 adages sum my opinion up:

"Never touch a running system"
          and
          "Better is often the enemy of good"
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Better would be to play it more......

Comment

Originally posted by Vengeance View Post
              Why try and fiddle with a tone you love and say sounds amazing?
              That was my first thought but I know some people just like to fiddle with things and it's as harmless a mod as there is.

Comment

I say go for it. If it's reversible then just remove the block if you don't like it.
                Originally posted by KBliss
                WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                Originally posted by trevorus
                The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                  Better would be to play it more......

I am bro, I am!!

I'm prolly gonna leave this beasty alone. Im just so impressed with the improvement the blocks have made on my Charvel, I figure this could be even better. But, its set up great and all, I dont think Ill diddle wid it.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I think the question really is (and I'm quoting the title of a book) "What would Keith Richard do?"
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                      2 adages sum my opinion up:

"Better is often the enemy of good"
                      I like this one a lot.
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Well, it depends, I wouldn't BUY a block just for testing but if you already HAVE one then I don't see the harm in swapping it when you're up for a string change.

IME the big brass blocks accentuate the lows and to a lesser degree the highs at the expense of the mids.

If you feel that will be a potential improvement and have the part already I'd say go ahead, otherwise, better to leave well alone...
                        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Good idea Bro! But.. all my blocks are in use, so I dont wanna have to teardown one to harvest the block.. Im getting set to purge another batch, so if I sell one with a big block, Ill keep the block off of it..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                            I think the question really is (and I'm quoting the title of a book) "What would Keith Richard do?"
                            Keef would say "I dont need no (expletive) wiggly stick on my guitar".

Jol Dantzig

Comment

TLDR; Just don't.
                              MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                              Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Working...
                              X