what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what would you do?

Well, not one to leave well enough alone, I put a big block on it. And... Was a good thing for 3 reasons. A) It sounds even better now!!! B) I have full use of the trem again. before it was dive only C) when I tore it apart, the screws holding the saddles and some other parts were very rusty and dirty. I cleaned it all up, lemon oiled the board and oiled the rusty bits. And of course, changed strings. Also put some new springs on the trem as the old ones were alittle sacked out. I used some of the vintage ones that KGC sells.. I bought the guitar used about 10 years ago and havent changed a thing but add straplocks. When tuning it up, I also raised a couple of the poles to balance the strings and also raised the treble side of the trem a tiny bit to stop it from fretting out on the high E. So, its had a long overdue setup (tho it was close to perfect), it's clean, shiny, and still sustains like a mother! Im a happy buckaroo!
    Last edited by BloodRose; 04-08-2013, 08:22 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

That's good to hear Bro!!!
      Y'know, I've been thinking, big blocks are so good at fixing a floyd's most basic downside it kinda annoys me that they aren't "standard issue" on Floyds but an after-market modification...
      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Cost savings. I have seen a couple of upscale guitars recently advertising big blocks as a standard upgrade.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
        X