banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any honest rundowns on the new Bogner pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any honest rundowns on the new Bogner pedals?

I gotta say, this thread got me to look into these pedals, they do sound pretty impressive, and I like the tweakability of the various switches to help suit the particular amp you are running through..so many gain boxes are designed around one style amp or another and do not sound so great with other amplifiers. Also love the built in boost..I miss that from my old CM plexitone.

There is a Ecstasy Blue in the GC about 2 minutes from me..hmmm.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

blue is old school crunch, red more higher gain VH style 80's both awesome
      tone slut
      Marshall DSL 40C
      Fender EVH Striped Series
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
      Fender Squier Tele Affinity
      Mogami cables

Comment

Yeah, the Red sounds good, but I am not really into that 80s and beyond modded marshall type thing in my old age. The Blue is where my tone tastes lie.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I have to say, I'm way past intrigued at this point.
          Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Even though I hate the company for their lack of customer support, just go out and check them out. They're easily the best freakin' overdrive/distortion pedals on the market. I've owned a fair amount of dirt pedals in the past and nothing sounded more like another channel of an amp quite like these things. I don't miss my Shiva - so even though this pedal is temperamental and I have zero confidence in it anymore when it works it sounds great.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Picking 1 or 2 of them up is near the top of my to do list. I've got a few things that need finished up before I go sinking $600 on 2 pedals. Bought an amp and turns out it needs all new power tubes. Bought a rackmount preamp on a whim and I'm digging the sound, so I need to find a good power amp and a couple 1x12s for that. Still need a few odd ball speakers for the cabs I do have w/ empty spots so I can go back to having a cabinet for each of my heads. Just a lot of odds and ends stuff that needs done before I can justify spending that kind of dough on a couple pedals that may or may not work out well for me. I love the way they sound and the versatility. Dr. Barlo's demos on them sold me, I just need to empty a couple cans of worms before I go opening another. That $900 Springfield 1911 I just bought didn't help this quest too much either lol!
              Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I have had nothing but fantastic support from Bogner. When I had an issue with my 20th Shiva, I contacted Charlie, one of the engineers and he hooked me right up with what I needed and got it done.

Comment

Here's a demo I did for the Ecstasy Red:

Comment

Working...
                  X