No announcement yet.

Wiring Diagram 2 Humbuckers Coil Splits plus Series/Parrallel and Phase Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram 2 Humbuckers Coil Splits plus Series/Parrallel and Phase Switch

I am trying to install 2 Lil 59 humbuckers in my Telecaster. I have decided I want to do the classic Jimmy Page wiring except with the tone and volume DPDT knobs as the coil splits and 2 switches, one for series/parallel and the other for phase/out of phase.

I downloaded the SD diagrams for both configurations but am having a little trouble connecting the dots on how to run the wires to the switches. It looks like the SD diagram has the wires for the series/parallel and phase switches running directly out of the humbucker wire, not from the DPDT pots.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I created a picture with both diagrams side by side for reference.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Yaco

Re: Wiring Diagram 2 Humbuckers Coil Splits plus Series/Parrallel and Phase Switch

Give me a second, I'll draw you a diagram.

EDIT: Having problems on paint. Can someone else help him?

The series/parallel diagram you have to the side is to switch the two coils in one pickup between series and parallel. I'm sure you mean to have it like the JP wiring, where you have the option of running the two pickups in series or parallel. Correct? You could also do this wiring with a 4-way switch, which I think would be a lot easier to accomplish.
    Last edited by Myaccount876; 03-14-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Re: Wiring Diagram 2 Humbuckers Coil Splits plus Series/Parrallel and Phase Switch

Before you start drawing, I got a hold of Scott Miller at SD Tech support and he provided me with this diagram that would do what I wanted, which is basically the Jimmy page wiring using 2 push/pull pots and 2 switches.

Thanks for your help.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1825_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	5767397
      Yaco

Comment

Working...
      X