X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmoth Earvana nut slots?

An old thread, but considering the discussion,

Check out the True Temperament necks:
    TT-frets are the best thing that ever happened to the guitar. I believe you should have invented the frets before you invented the string. Once you tried it, there is no going back.

Comment

Like the last poster, I know this is an old thread, but... I am wondering if there are any other compensated nuts on the market that I should consider besides Earvana? Or Earvana is still 1st choice? Thanks
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I think the last poster just came here to spam us. That's an odd 1st post.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A Zero Glide nut serves the same purpose, is easier to install, plus you get the added tuning stability of a zero fret.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Or you can do things the easy way and get a Peterson strobe tuner with their "Sweetened" tuning presets.

Comment

One small thing from my personal experience with Earvana, I liked it but I did encounter one small issue when I installed a Gibson version - it felt quite high and sometimes, when playing bar chords or changing positions, the compensated bits of the nut would catch my hand/pointer finger ever so slightly. Enough for me to notice. I weighed up whether to do the same things to my strats, but ended up going with a professionally installed bone nut instead.
              'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphial View Post
                One small thing from my personal experience with Earvana, I liked it but I did encounter one small issue when I installed a Gibson version - it felt quite high and sometimes, when playing bar chords or changing positions, the compensated bits of the nut would catch my hand/pointer finger ever so slightly. Enough for me to notice. I weighed up whether to do the same things to my strats, but ended up going with a professionally installed bone nut instead.
                That's valuable feedback - thanks!
                Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                  Or you can do things the easy way and get a Peterson strobe tuner with their "Sweetened" tuning presets.
                  Sounds like an interesting option. I will check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                    A Zero Glide nut serves the same purpose, is easier to install, plus you get the added tuning stability of a zero fret.
                    Yet another interesting option I wasn't aware existed. I will check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X