How to make your cheap Squier Strat play and sound better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make your cheap Squier Strat play and sound better

I would say if the neck and fretwork are nice, then the sky is the limit. I had my hands on a Fender Obey tele the other day and the neck on that was perfect. It was Indonesian made fwiw.
    https://www.rockstockpedals.com/

Comment

I have two Indo Squeers I wouldn't sell for the world.
      Choclate is an H-H Metal monster.
      Nilla is an SSl long board.
      But you're guitars can only play what your fingers can give.
      PC

Comment

i'd like to suggest that switching the hot lead, from the middle pickup, with the hot lead, from the neck pickup, will afford the user some benefit. this would apply to all strats, not just squiers.
        doing this will allow the user to combine the neck and bridge pickup and assuming you've already bridged the tone control, from the middle pickup contact, to the bridge contact, your bridge and neck pickup will now both be running off the rearmost tone control and the middle pickup will be running off the forward tone control.
        jay suggested this to me and i always thought that the sound of your bridge pickup and neck pickup, combined, is a fuller sound, than the stock setup.
        this way, you also get five unique tones, whereas before, both mid positions were relatively similar.
        this is a subjective assumption, on my part, but i myself, have been quite impressed with the difference.
        happy big fun, you bet!

Comment

well yeah. tele is the most basic and dependable platform, to be sure. strats have a unique set of challenges, from a moving tailpiece, to a plethora of wiring possibilities. on the other hand, sustain and tone can be altered and/or improved with hardware and 42 gauge windings. glad you have a tone that suits you.

Comment

Working...
          X