Bass amps. Whats your rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass amps. Whats your rig?

Mines a HArtke LH500. tube preamp/ss poweramp 500 watts at 4 ohms/350 watts at 8 ohms.
    Thru a HArtke 4x10 Xl series aluminium cab.
    And (drum roll please) a sansamp BDDI - best investment ever.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0327_zpsf7aaecc8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	5828664
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: Bass amps. Whats your rig?

Mesa M9 Carbine 900 watts tube power.
    6x10 Mesa powerhouse cabinet with Neodymium magnet speakers.
    4x10 + 1x15 Mesa powerhouse cabinet with Neodymium magnet speakers.
    Fishman Bass Fission effect.

MM Stingray V

MM Bongo Rolls Royce 4 with active preamp

Lakland V Custom with SD passive Pups and active preamp

Gibson LP Baritone 6 string set up with 6 string bass strings instead... and SD active pups. I use this with a pick in case I want to sing lead and play bass at the same time.
    Last edited by jaybonitrane; 06-01-2013, 12:31 AM.
    Originally posted by longcat
    either way...cracker-y goodness.

Comment

Pretty much the only bass amp I've ever owned is an Ampeg Rocket Bass 100. I bought it brand new not long after they came out ('96), when I moved out of my pops' and no longer had access to his stuff. I've had it since and I have done absolutely nothing to it in terms of maintenance or repair. It has spent most of its time in the trunk of my car.

The only other bass amp I've owned was a Sunn Concert Bass head, which I only got because it was cheap to get it along with this old 2x15 Ampeg cab that I wanted. I flipped the Sunn and I still have the cab. The Sunn was an absolutely horrible sounding bass amp, and also an absolute piece of crap in terms of build quality and reliability.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

A bit of a makeshift adaptation of what I had already, but it works pretty well.

Tech21 VT Bass
        Peavey Classic 50/50 Power amp
        Bag End 1x12 + 1x15 cabinets

Comment

All I have at the moment is a Roland Bass Cube; a slightly older 100W version I think, but that's in Riyadh. In the UK, I run an old Bass POD through my Marshall Valvestate 8080 very carefully - it does for practice purposes.
          Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

For practice i have a Trace Elliot BLX130 which is a strange looking but great sounding combo. Then I have aTrace Elliot AH350 head and a Ampeg Isovent 2x10 2x15 cab.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

pics or they dont exist!
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I built my bass players rig... He uses his cheap but suprisingly good sounding 15" crate combo for clean side and I let him borrow my JCM800 2204 with 6550s and we run that into a Marshall 2x15 bass cab. Signal is split with a chorus pedal and i to the Marshall we us an eq to 'clean' the signal... So when he turns it off he gets the Marshall dirt. Pretty effective and his tone is AWESOME.
                Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

He uses some fretless bass. Have no idea what it is.
                  Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I'm using a Fender Rumble 75 amp with my guitars pedal board for effects. My main bass is my MM Sterling SUB Ray5. Makes for a pretty good sound.
                    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                    Line 6 Helix
                    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

i run an ampeg svt5pro or a gk 800rb into either a swr goliath 4x10 with or without an ampeg 1x15 or two ampeg portabass 1x10 cabs with eminence ch2010 speakers.

love those ch2010 speakers! sucks they dont make em anymore

Comment

my Carvin Red Line Kickback 2x10

most of the time, here at the house,
                        I just use one of the models on the GNX and the drum loop
                        thru the effects return of the Red Line,
                        like a PA
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Depending on the gig (ranges from DI only, folk duo, funk band, musical theatre), I grab either the Phil Jones Bass Briefcase, Bass Cub, or the D600 with 4B extension cab. The tone is fantastic, it cuts through a mix quickly and easily, and they're easy to carry.
                          I write Articles for Seymour Duncan
                          I write Articles for Bass Musician Magazine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001_16.JPG
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	5768645Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001_17.JPG
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	5768646

Mine is a '67 all-tube Univox head (60+ watts) with a Univox cab, housing an 18" speaker. I was told this was the first year production moved to Japan. Sounds cool for a house...wouldn't hold up in the real world now!!

-dave
                            I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

I've got a Traynor YBA200 and TBX1510 cab. It's way too much for what I'm doing these days on bass but I can't sell it without taking a massive loss so there it sits.
                              -
                              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X