Re: Bass amps. Whats your rig?

Went from this.....

to this..... lol

My bass is a Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
      to this..... lol
      Cute! How does it sound? Is it giggable?
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

SWR Workingman's 15 - Shown in the middle of the photograph.
        Last edited by Stratman; 05-30-2013, 05:47 PM.
        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

my Carvin Red Line Kickback 2x10

most of the time, here at the house,
          I just use one of the models on the GNX and the drum loop
          thru the effects return of the Red Line,
          like a PA
          I'm running the same series head! Mine is the 600, biamped into a 2x10 cab and a 1x15 cab. I love the tones I get out of this thing.
          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
            Definitely giggable but with anything, it depends on your needs. A friend of mine loves this amp, but would never use it live in his metal band, nor would I ever use his Mesa 4x12 rig for my gigs.

I have used a PJB Briefcase for a couple years, and it will hold its own really well in all of my situations: folk groups, rock bands with polite stage volume and DI out, full orchestras, etc.. For its size, the amp is LOUD and sounds about as close to plugging your bass directly into the board as I've heard, as well as having a nice EQ. You can also put a rechargeable battery into it and play it anywhere you like, so there's that too.
            I write Articles for Seymour Duncan
            I write Articles for Bass Musician Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
              Originally posted by One Bad Monkey View Post
              Definitely giggable but with anything, it depends on your needs. A friend of mine loves this amp, but would never use it live in his metal band, nor would I ever use his Mesa 4x12 rig for my gigs.

I have used a PJB Briefcase for a couple years, and it will hold its own really well in all of my situations: folk groups, rock bands with polite stage volume and DI out, full orchestras, etc.. For its size, the amp is LOUD and sounds about as close to plugging your bass directly into the board as I've heard, as well as having a nice EQ. You can also put a rechargeable battery into it and play it anywhere you like, so there's that too.
              I think it sounds great as long as you don't push the speakers too far. However, when I had the David Eden 2 x 10 it really did move some air and it has a very Pro sound, I would think it's awesome for studio work. The D.I out is a bonus because it works great through the P.A. It's also ideal for plugging in your electro acoustic and has a compartment for a rechargeable battery pack. They normally retail about £450 I think, but you can bag a bargain on Ebay from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                They normally retail about £450 I think, but you can bag a bargain on Ebay from time to time.
                Phil just unveiled the Briefcase Ultimate this week (should be shipping in late summer). It's a limited edition version that's around 160-180w and has updated speakers (taking advantage of the new tech in the Bass Cub and the Double Four). So, deeper and louder than our original.
                I write Articles for Seymour Duncan
                I write Articles for Bass Musician Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                  I'm running the same series head! Mine is the 600, biamped into a 2x10 cab and a 1x15 cab. I love the tones I get out of this thing.
                  I've been meaning to get a 15 or 18 for mine for the last 13 years
                  if I ever gig maybe then
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

EBS t90

Comment

I play this 100 watt hartke combo. Great for practicing and the ocasional guitar playing.

Comment

The ol' bass rig. That's a GK 400RB. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how old this amp might be? The model has been around a long time, but they've changed the cosmetics a few times. I think this one might date back to the 80s.
                        I use a Sansamp Bass Driver with it. It's like having a second channel - completely changes the voicing of the rig.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bassamp2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	5768718
                        "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                        Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                        guitar pic site
                        Original prog rock on soundcloud
                        Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                        Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

thats a killer rig. I use a sansamp for the same reason as you.
                          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

GK 800RB pushing an Ampeg SVT 410 (US model... late 90's, early '00's maybe??) and a Crate 215 w/ JBL's.... the SVT is for the tone... the Crate is for the extra 'thump' when I want it... I've got a few different odds and ends pedals that I use sometimes but it's mostly bass-cable-amp... I WILL pick up a Bass Driver at some point though... THOSE rule!!

Comment

pics pics!
                              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                                pics pics!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05386 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	5768765

Ignore the mess... Everything's dusty from sitting for a few months. I play lead guitar in my current band so I obviously don't have much use for that setup yet shouldn't be too much longer though... Then I'll take a little Armor-All to everything and get it cleaned up...

Next thing is getting the GK in a rack along w/ a Furman, tuner, and POSSIBLY an RBI (if I go rackmounted over pedals...) Like I said, the GK to Ampeg is THE sound I'm after, the 15's just push the extra air that I like to feel... But pair it all together and it does some pretty serious damage onstage. Cuts through the guitar stacks like a hot knife through BUTTAH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X