Godin users unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Godin users unite

If they did extended range I would be happy...
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

The U.S. always hypes and it's usually B.S. Robert is a hands on guy and loves what he does, and it shows!

Comment

My cousin is a professional musician in the western PA and east Ohio area and he has a couple of Godins that he absolutely loves. He gigs with them probably 4-6 days a week. He'll never sell them.

Comment

My A-8 Mandolin

Click image for larger version

Name:	vgqDKlC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	5781339
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

^ Nice!
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Here is my Godin LGX-SA (S) . I love this guitar ! But I need to replace the volume control and the 5way switch. This guitar was before they added the battery compartment so I added one. I also replaced the tuners for the locking tuners. But not sure I want to use Godin switches for the replacement of the 5way and volume. So any info and or suggestions would help allot.

Name:	1486677_10200816306310690_406351327_n.jpg
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	5781365 Click image for larger version

Name:	1488139_10200888046824158_816416471_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	5781366 Click image for larger version

Name:	1468797_10200888048544201_556644370_n.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	5781367
              Last edited by gene4christ; 10-24-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Just wondering, what would be a good pickup swap for this guitar ??? I do not remember what Seymour's Godin used . If anyone noes pleases share. I will be contacting Godion to find out later this week . I like clear tones as well sweet overdriven tones , I play through a Fender 1965 Deluxe reissue. I also like mid range and darker , more than real bright tones . OK their website says they are as follows : The neck is a JAZZ II and the bridge is a CUSTOM/CUSTOM CUSTOM PLUS.
                Last edited by gene4christ; 11-05-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Original owner of a 1995 Godin LGX here. In the middle of changing out the Tetrad pickups with a Jazz in the neck and Custom 5 in the bridge position. Any advice?

See https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ight=godin+lgx for previous discussions.

Thanks!

Name:	20151018_205029473_iOS.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	5789491

Name:	Godin PushPull.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	5789492

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]50968[/ATTACH]
                    I've been GAS'ing for one of those ever since I first saw one. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell it any more. I'll have to keep on the lookout for a used specimen.

Comment

Hi !

This little PCB !!!

I'm a little off topic, but would it be possible to have some more closeup pics of the push pull ?... Id'd like to read the values of the capacitors.

Thank you !

Originally posted by tpauth View Post
                      Original owner of a 1995 Godin LGX here. In the middle of changing out the Tetrad pickups with a Jazz in the neck and Custom 5 in the bridge position. Any advice?

See https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ight=godin+lgx for previous discussions.

Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68964[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]68965[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]42964[/ATTACH]
                        Sharp!!!
                        "Scalloped & Stickered"
                        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Name:	DSCI0467.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	5792134 This is a pic of my 2015 Godin session Blackburst S.G. This guitar rocks. The quality is awesome. I am happy I purchased this axe over the Fender Strat. It is my #1 go to guitar and made in my home country. I wanted this guitar for 2yrs now I have it. I will keep this axe for as long as I live. The more I play, it the more I appreciate a great playable guitar. The Godin brand of guitars have rave reviews World wide it's not difficult to figure out why. It goes to show you a company can build a high quality guitar without breaking the bank.
                          If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                            So I'm a proud Godin artist and me and my band are endorsed by Godin. Being Canadian I try to use Canadian products (Traynor, Godin, Yorkville etc) I have a 1998 Godin LGX in this awesome flamed maple top with a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck and this guitar just feels right in my hands and sounds GREAT. After really diving into the new models from Godin including the Icon and Core series I have found out with comparisons to other guitars that I have owned, rented and played at the shop that Godin makes some of the best guitars for 1500 or less and the quality and feel is perfect and I don't say that word lightly... When ever I play a Godin I can never find a fault which obviously is rare in the guitarworld

Anyways what Godins are you using ? pics appreciated ! here is my baby

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42907[/ATTACH]
                            You have hit the nail on the head in the words you have said here. The Godin brands of guitars are Excellent and there is as much hand craftsmanship in their guitars like many custom shops and it shows. when I buy a guitar I am not concerned about resale value I buy it to play it.
                            Last edited by Godin15; 02-25-2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

The ones I have played have always been superb. I tried out a few at the last NAMM show I was at, and fell in love with one of their archtops. I even wrote a blog about them too. I wanted to interview them for it, but no one ever responded to my query.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                                The ones I have played have always been superb. I tried out a few at the last NAMM show I was at, and fell in love with one of their archtops. I even wrote a blog about them too. I wanted to interview them for it, but no one ever responded to my query.
                                What are you waiting for take the plunge and pickup one.

Comment

Working...
                                X