Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Godin users unite

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
    I picked up a Progression a couple of years ago. I wasn't planning to buy it, but it was on sale, I plugged in and took one listen, and decided to get it.
    The Progression has Godin's Revoicer circuit. It's the little button (push/push switch) on the front of the guitar. In one position, it produces great bluesy Texas Special tones. That's what won me over. In the other position, it produces a more vintage Strat tone perfect for the type of clean Strat tone heard on a lot of 80's pop songs, but with output hotter than the Texas Special tone in the other position.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42962[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]42963[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]42964[/ATTACH]

The Progression has a neck that's slightly flatter than a typical Fender neck, with nicely rolled/rounded fretboard edges. One cool detail is there is a subtle burst in the Mary Kaye white finish. In the middle it's clearer and you can see through it a little more. Around the edges it looks more opaque. It's visible in the photos.

I like several of Godin's other models. Their new Manhattan looks like a really nice jazz/blues/fusion guitar.

That is a SWWEEEETT axe!
    If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

Originally posted by Godin15 View Post
      What are you waiting for take the plunge and pickup one.
      Well, there is a few things. While I liked them as specialized guitars, I didn't try them for many types of music, so I don't know how'd they'd do. There are no Godin dealers within 200 miles of me, and the only chance I get is a few minutes at NAMM.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Good NAMM review

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Do Seagulls by Godin count?

Comment

Tempting, but that lower cutaway is lacking. Why stop before the 21st fret, especially when you have 22? Just looks strange and doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by shred4Him View Post
              Tempting, but that lower cutaway is lacking. Why stop before the 21st fret, especially when you have 22? Just looks strange and doesn't make sense.
              I assume you are referring to the LG guitar. It is a version of the Ernie Ball Axis and Peavey/ EVH Wolfgang design.

Axis

Peavey Wolfgang

EVH Wolfgang

Godin LG

Comment

Originally posted by RealtyViking View Post
                I assume you are referring to the LG guitar. It is a version of the Ernie Ball Axis and Peavey/

Godin LG
                Nope. The session. The lower cutaway isn't deep enough. I always find it strange when "strat" makers make the lower cutaway too shallow. Why not make every fret accessible? I will still check one out if I ever come across one, but it just seems like a waste to make a great guitar only to leave a part of it sub-optimal.

Comment

Love my Artisan ST Signature! Based off this guitar and others I have played (Progression) I wouldn't hesitate to own more.

Cole
                  Last edited by ColeJustesen; 11-26-2017, 10:00 AM.
                  Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Originally posted by Godin15 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70448[/ATTACH] This is a pic of my 2015 Godin session Blackburst S.G. This guitar rocks. The quality is awesome. I am happy I purchased this axe over the Fender Strat. It is my #1 go to guitar and made in my home country. I wanted this guitar for 2yrs now I have it. I will keep this axe for as long as I live. The more I play, it the more I appreciate a great playable guitar. The Godin brand of guitars have rave reviews World wide it's not difficult to figure out why. It goes to show you a company can build a high quality guitar without breaking the bank.
                    I have the same guitar but with a maple fingerboard. I took a huge gamble and got it DIRT CHEAP off Amazon. I dropped a P-RAIL in there and wow it's a beast now. GREAT GUITAR! This is a gamble that paid off! And that's coming from someone used to high-quality stuff... I own a USA PRS SingleCut and McCarty and two very nice Carvins and while it's not up to those guitars' standards, it is a fantastic guitar on it's own. I would put it on-par with an American Standard and better than any MIM Fender I've played.

I need to get a nice hard-shell case for it so I can feel good about throwing it in the back of the truck with all the other band's gear on the way to gigs!

Makes me wonder how good their higher-end stuff is. It must be incredible!
                    Last edited by MakerDP; 09-04-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Again, the higher end Godin archtops I have played were wonderful. I am sure if I chose wisely, I could use a Godin for everything. Better than most North American brands.

Comment

I know Godin makes great products; my bass teacher played a Godin, well worn/battered, and it was good enough for him.

Having said that: Godin does not market well to me. Some combination of the style/features available on Godins has never caused them to stand out or be considered by me. I'd say Godin has very effective marketing though, as Godin are one of the few brands where I can actually imagine a "Godin person" in my head and see that prophecy realized, whenever I see someone playing a Godin. It's not conscious effort that has caused me to not be one of those people, but-

Never mind. These look great:

Originally posted by King Buzzo
                        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
                          Never mind. These look great:
                          That is a sexy guitar. I'd be all over it if it was a hardtail. Love the P-Rail in the neck too.

Comment

I am still wondering what a 'Godin person' is.

Comment

Someday I'll get one of them Godin strats....
                              Love my Seagull....
                              Have tried quite a few of their Hollowboxes too....nice nice!!

Also one of my friends have been on a tour to their factories.....this guy is doing stuff...and others are benefitting from it...

Comment

I have a Progression that I got for a real good deal on an impulse buy. The cut away is probably the same as the Session. I didn't pay any attention to the cut at the time and don't have any issues when playing but that's just me. I have a Godin Montreal Premiere semi-hollow and I could see it being a hindrance on this guitar. I've run up against it a few times ... at about the 18th it gets a bit restricting but not much of an issue for me. I love that guitar.

Comment

Working...
                                X