Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Godin users unite

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
    Agreed. Got one of the old ones. SSS with Rosewood board.

Small photo so as not to take away from Godin15's new toy photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83938[/ATTACH]
    I had one just like that, but with a maple fretboard. Sold it. Kind of regret it. But I know who I sold it to is taking good care of it, and I could get it back if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cme View Post
      Have you guys seen the T59 session? I really want one. My wallet says no. The wallet's winning. So far. haha

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinses...T59_42692.html
      That is a nice looking guitar, all except for that hideous pickguard! I would definitely pick it up and play it if I saw one.

Cole
      Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Originally posted by Siamezedream View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]82170[/ATTACH]
        My Godin Family

Very NiiCE!!
        If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

Originally posted by Godin15 View Post
          Just came in today here's a few pics.[ATTACH=CONFIG]83913[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83914[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83918[/ATTACH]

Haven't even taken off the protective plastic off the pick guard yet. Just itching to play it. Took one strum on the strings and you could feel the sustain going through my mid section incredible.
          Awesome, I like the new colour of the gig bag as well, the material looks different too.

Is this one as heavy(weight wise) as the Session model? I stopped using mine outside since it was tiring quickly to wear it for long time, even whrn sitting it was quite heavy than my other stuff. The Session has a particular voice to it that makes it sound fat/big/bold in comparison to other strats, I sure enjoy it. I bet the Progression model is great too. I came across Godin guitars very late otherwise I would have had the LG-HB model in my collection, their Summit models intrigue me, as do the Richmond stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
            Awesome, I like the new colour of the gig bag as well, the material looks different too.

Is this one as heavy(weight wise) as the Session model? I stopped using mine outside since it was tiring quickly to wear it for long time, even whrn sitting it was quite heavy than my other stuff. The Session has a particular voice to it that makes it sound fat/big/bold in comparison to other strats, I sure enjoy it. I bet the Progression model is great too. I came across Godin guitars very late otherwise I would have had the LG-HB model in my collection, their Summit models intrigue me, as do the Richmond stuff.

Thanks. And yes the gig bag is made of pretty much the same material, the compartment on the front is the same material as the bag itself. The bag your Session came in had mesh compartment on the front. The Progression weighs in slightly lighter than the Session. If you are happy with your Session, you would definitely be happy with the Progression.

Comment

Thanks. And yes the gig bag is made of pretty much the same material, the compartment on the front is the same material as the bag itself. The bag your Session came in had mesh compartment on the front. The Progression weighs in slightly lighter than the Session. If you are happy with your Session, you would definitely be happy with the Progression.
              The Progressions are basswood now, right? What does yours weigh (if you know)?

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                The Progressions are basswood now, right? What does yours weigh (if you know)?
                Yes they are made from Basswood. I cant honestly tell you how much they weigh.

Comment

Yes they are made from Basswood. I cant honestly tell you how much they weigh.
                  Good enough, I was just curious anyway.
                  My older model has a maple center and poplar wings. Plus, no pickguard so no route under the guard. It's fairly hefty. I think it's north of 8 lbs.

Comment

My Session model has undergone a bit of progression over the years Here's a pic of it below. I have series/parallel wiring in there, so sorta like a passive hdr revoicer thing going on lol. It lives up to its name as a session guitar

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171031_160453.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	5801972

Comment

• Re: Godin users unite

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                      My Session model has undergone a bit of progression over the years Here's a pic of it below. I have series/parallel wiring in there, so sorta like a passive hdr revoicer thing going on lol. It lives up to its name as a session
                      guitar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84163[/ATTACH]

Nice looking Axe! Nice setup. What pickups are you using?
                      Last edited by Godin15; 10-31-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Right now it has Dimarzio's in it, FT1 neck, Cruiser(b) middle & Chopper bridge. Thats the combo I settled on finally that sounded best to me. The bridge is wired for dual sound & one tone knob. The FT1 is always in series & gets one tone knob, Cruiser doesnt get a tone knob & the tone pots are no load ones(diy). One master volume & its push/pull too, turns the neck active in series to all positions, total 8 sounds- the usual five & then these - neck in series with middle, neck in series with bridge & lastly neck in series with [middle in parallel with bridge]. The chopper sounds great in the bridge, it was too dark in the neck. The FT1 was boring in the middle & cruiser lacked in the neck.

I had to cut some wood out in the corners of the humbucker cavity inorder to fit them in slanted position. Got a sheet of plexi glass( I think that's what it was) or acrylic sheet, about the same thickness as the pickguard, I couldn't import premade conversion mounts for H to SC. Then had to cut the shape out using a acrylic cutter/knife, took 3 hrs, ended up cutting it the wrong orientation lol But still was worth it since I got to try out the Jimi Hendrix reverse slant bridge thing. Then next day spent another 3hrs & got it done correctly(almost). Also had to file the holes of the pickup mounting screws for the neck & middle pickups to get the new ones to fit properly.

I'm quite pleased with the end results. It doesn't sound like a vintage strat though, more contempory by default but adjusting the amp settings definitely helps for it to sound more traditional. It it weren't so heavy, I'd like using it more often out.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamezedream View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]82170[/ATTACH]

My Godin Family

Very nice axes man!

Comment

Originally posted by Cme View Post
                            Have you guys seen the T59 session? I really want one. My wallet says no. The wallet's winning. So far. haha

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinses...T59_42692.html

Yea that T59 is a Sweeett guitar !!

Comment

I picked up a couple more Artisan models a TC (gave it to a good friend) another ST Signature (transparent blue), and an LG Signature. These guitars are astounding! I cannot believe that Godin doesn't get more love.

Cole
                              Last edited by ColeJustesen; 11-26-2017, 10:12 AM.
                              Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Wow, those are stuning...
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X