banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good ~$200 practice amp - Suggestions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good ~$200 practice amp - Suggestions please.

I wish they would bring the Vox T-60 back.
    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

This past week I played the Ampeg 115, Fender Rumble 75, Roland Cube 100, and the Marshall MB30.
      All of them had enough power for practice; the MB30 was pretty punchy for the lowest wattage amp as well.
      I liked the sound from the Ampeg & Marshall best. Good low end classic rock bass tones.
      I found the MB30 used for $105 shipped so I ordered it on the spot. If it has issues or doesn't hold it's own the Ampeg will most likely be the next model I purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by tab View Post
        This past week I played the Ampeg 115, Fender Rumble 75, Roland Cube 100, and the Marshall MB30.
        All of them had enough power for practice; the MB30 was pretty punchy for the lowest wattage amp as well.
        I liked the sound from the Ampeg & Marshall best. Good low end classic rock bass tones.
        I found the MB30 used for $105 shipped so I ordered it on the spot. If it has issues or doesn't hold it's own the Ampeg will most likely be the next model I purchase.
        You won't be disappointed provided that it holds up. It's not at all a bad amp that you got.
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Working...
        X