Vintage Yamaha BB Basses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Yamaha BB Basses

My bass player says he's heard a lot about them especially ones from the 80s and is actively seeking one. I know there are new models but does anyone know how the compare against the ones that seem to be so widely regarded?

BB2000 seems to be the holy grail in this camp

Re: Vintage Yamaha BB Basses

Originally posted by brunogio View Post
    My bass player says he's heard a lot about them especially ones from the 80s and is actively seeking one. I know there are new models but does anyone know how the compare against the ones that seem to be so widely regarded?

BB2000 seems to be the holy grail in this camp
    The new current line of BB basses bolt-on (414 and 424 series) are definitely on par with the original neckthroughs from the 70s and 80s and are hard to distinguish from their $2000 counterparts. I owned both for about 2 weeks and my 425x is my #1 bass, period. Worth 4x their asking price and possibly more. Excellent fast fast fast necks and wonderful tone.(Keep in mind the 5 stings have FULL size spacing, not narrow spacing like most 5s so the neck is wide. The 90s soapbar versions (BBN4 and BBN5) have P-Bass pickups underneath the soapbar covers. Best P or J style basses availabe for the money IMO. The current 414 or 415 series, they do not make anymore but they can be had for $200 or $300 and are just simply ass-kicking.

There is no holy grail with these as far as I have ever known. Cheers! Good luck!!
    Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Worth 4x their asking price and possibly more. Excellent fast fast fast necks and wonderful tone.(Keep in mind the 5 stings have FULL size spacing, not narrow spacing like most 5s so the neck is wide. The 90s soapbar versions (BBN4 and BBN5) have P-Bass pickups underneath the soapbar covers. Best P or J style basses availabe for the money IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Liza2 View Post
        Worth 4x their asking price and possibly more. Excellent fast fast fast necks and wonderful tone.(Keep in mind the 5 stings have FULL size spacing, not narrow spacing like most 5s so the neck is wide. The 90s soapbar versions (BBN4 and BBN5) have P-Bass pickups underneath the soapbar covers. Best P or J style basses availabe for the money IMO.
        This room needs some acoustic treatment, there's a curious echo in here ....
        Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
          This room needs some acoustic treatment, there's a curious echo in here ....
          That's funny, I noticed it as well. Stalker? Ha. It happens on occasion and it diminishes good info.
          Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

They are high quality neck-throughs but not everybody likes neck through.

Comment

Thanks the BB424x? (4 string version) came home last week and I've had the chance to play it a bit. Nice satin finish on the neck so it does play very fast. Good sound out of both pickups and really nice quality.

I was surprised to find out it's made in Indonesia because the quality is really nice.

thanks for all the recommendations

Comment

Look just like:

Comment

Working...
                X