banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of weightlifting at a gym for a guitarist? Petrucci Lynch etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What type of weightlifting at a gym for a guitarist? Petrucci Lynch etc...

Follow me and come say hi! I respond... sometimes ;)• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vitalythegoat• TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/ibroketheinternet•...

Comment

I have noticed since I put on a ton of weight over the past 20 years my guitar does not sit on my body as well as it did when I was thin. The belly angles the body and neck towards the ceiling making reach more difficult. Reach is also impaired when attacking the higher frets. I have since lost 20 lbs and have a ways to go to get back to my 29 inch waist I rocked during my heavy gigging days. I am looking to lose another 20 lbs hopefully 30. I am doing tons of cardio, light lifting and eating very clean.

If you look at Johnny Hiland you can see what I am talking about with the belly and the reach and no I didn't get that big.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
        ...I hear tell it's because his doc says he's too old to be roiding it up like he was.
        +1

Comment

This guy prolly knows haha

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Read View Post
            Fixed. Dude that cracked me up! Ever see the Tsunami one? that's hilarious.

Here's the gym edition while we're at it

Comment

Always happy to help a laugh out.

I'm sure it's bad for one's health not to laugh at least 10 x per day.

Vocal constipation!

I haven't seen the tsunami one. Post it up :thumbup: :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Read View Post
                Always happy to help a laugh out.

I'm sure it's bad for one's health not to laugh at least 10 x per day.

Vocal constipation!

I haven't seen the tsunami one. Post it up :thumbup: :thumbup:

here's his channel, 8.5 out of ten are hilarious. check out "how to pick up black chics" you'd be surprised about the reactions
                Known for breaking the internet with my wildly original Pranks & Stunts, I rapidly gained fame and fortune, only to get lost in the sauce, eventually losing it ALL. There's nobody to blame but ME for my mistakes of the past, but now I am back baby. I am Happy, Healthy and Sober. Only God Can Judge Me. Your Life, Your Choice. #VillainsNeverDie

Comment

Originally posted by alteredbeast View Post
                  This guy prolly knows haha
                  I was gonna say, Maxxx is probably the go-to guy for this kinda thing. Dude keeps himself pretty jacked and is always improving his chops.

Add him on FB. He's a pretty chill guy who will definitely steer you in the right direction.

Comment

here's his channel, 8.5 out of ten are hilarious. check out "how to pick up black chics" you'd be surprised about the reactions
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/VitalyzdTv/videos
                    I love practical jokes!

To relate this clip back to the thread I guess this is cardio???

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/VitalyzdTv/videos
                      Oh my gawwwwwwd.

I wonder how many times he nearly got his ass beat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                        Oh my gawwwwwwd.

I wonder how many times he nearly got his ass beat.
                        he seemed to pick up a lot of guys.
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                        X