Steve Harris SPB-4 Giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steve Harris SPB-4 Giveaway

Hm hard one tbh but it was something my dad got me into which was number pf the beast and first song I got was back in black ac/dc

Comment

i think it was "THE TROOPER"

Comment

First metal song? Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

First album was Back in Black - AC/DC. Still got it after 33 years and still play it every so often.

Comment

When I was about 11 years old, my brother gave me some of his CD's to listen to. One of them was Brave New World. I still have it, and the Wicker man is still one of my favourite songs.

Comment

The band UFO

Comment

Iron man by sabbath and the first album was Blizzard of Ozz

Comment

First metal song: The Trooper-Iron Maiden

First metal album i bought: Piece of Mind-Iron Maiden

Comment

The forst Metal song i heard was shown to me by an older friend. It was the classic Master of Puppets by Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                    We're giving away a set of Steve Harris SPB-4 pickups, to enter just tell us the first metal album (or song) you recall being your introduction to heavy metal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44335[/ATTACH]

The SPB-4 custom-spec vintage-hot coil windings (13k Ohms), and Alnico 5 rod magnets provide just the right combination of warmth and punch to compliment Steve’s distinctive two-fingered playing style. The hook-up consists of a standard two-wire P-Bass setup, and the covers feature both the Seymour Duncan logo and Steve’s signature logo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44334[/ATTACH]

Open to our friends everywhere, as always. More info on this pickups here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/pr...s-bass-pickup/
                    First time I heard a heavy metal tune I was 12 and it was Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth off Metallica's Kill'em All album. I asked my parents for a bass the next day and have been playing ever since.

Comment

Metallica, Kill 'Em All.

When parachute pants were all the rage, I was walking down the street and found that cassette tape on the road, I never listened to a single tape so much.

Comment

We're giving away a set of Steve Harris SPB-4 pickups, to enter just tell us the first metal album (or song) you recall being your introduction to heavy metal.

The SPB-4 custom-spec vintage-hot coil windings (13k Ohms), and Alnico 5 rod magnets provide just the right combination of warmth and punch to compliment Steve’s distinctive two-fingered playing style. The hook-up consists of a standard two-wire P-Bass setup, and the covers feature both the Seymour Duncan logo and Steve’s signature logo.

Open to our friends everywhere, as always. More info on this pickups here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/pr...s-bass-pickup/
                        I STILL haven't heard a whole album of Iron Maiden yet... If LedZeppelin counts, I listened to them when I was 6(and they were NEW!) if not, I guess it would be Black Sabbath's WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK N ROLL!

Comment

Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast!

Comment

It's hard to remember that far back, but I think it was Dio's Last in Line.
                            Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
                            To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

First Song: Eagleheart - Stratovarius
                              First Album: Someting by Metallica I think
                              First Album I bought: Metallica-Load
                              I didn't know much about Metallica so I chose that over Master of Puppets... I regret my decision, even though I still like Load

Comment

My first song is "Invaders" from the album "Number of the Beast" by, of course, Iron Maiden. I read the lyrics on the back off my cousins vinyl case and, coming from Nordic ancestors, and living in a place rich with the history of the vikings it pulled me straight in and I knew I had to listen. I had not listened to metal properly before but this song opened up the world for me. I discovered my favourite band, which I am going to see at the o2 in London this August. I was inspired to pick up bass and guitar by Steve, Dave, Adrian and Janick. Whenever I hear this song now it always seems fresh and the bass is so active, with so many fills and quite challenging to play. After 2 years of practice I decided to try and learn it on bass. I felt proud as hell when I did finally learn it. Steve Harris' tone set my standards for tone. I nearly always play on high tone, whatever the song. So that's an essay on what got me into heavy metal and Maiden. Heaven can Wait, at least until I've learnt every Iron Maiden song there is.

Comment

Working...
                                X