Steve Harris SPB-4 Giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steve Harris SPB-4 Giveaway

When I was 12 I heard Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth of the Metallica's Kill'em All album. Next day I asked my parents for a bass and have never stopped playing since.

Comment

The first metal song I ever remember hearing, it was the one that got me into metal, was Evening Star by Dragonforce. They were literally the first metal band I got into.

Comment

The first album I ever bought for myself was Bark at The Moon, and I'm fairly certain that the title track was the first song that could be considered metal that I heard and enjoyed. Pretty sure that the first metal song that i learned on bass must have been Iron Man or something along those lines, although the earliest song that I learned and still remember is The Trooper.

Comment

Being of a certain age, I'll have to go with the first Led Zeppelin album.

Comment

Originally posted by metalviking View Post
            My first song is "Invaders" from the album "Number of the Beast" by, of course, Iron Maiden. I read the lyrics on the back off my cousins vinyl case and, coming from Nordic ancestors, and living in a place rich with the history of the vikings it pulled me straight in and I knew I had to listen. I had not listened to metal properly before but this song opened up the world for me. I discovered my favourite band, which I am going to see at the o2 in London this August. I was inspired to pick up bass and guitar by Steve, Dave, Adrian and Janick. Whenever I hear this song now it always seems fresh and the bass is so active, with so many fills and quite challenging to play. After 2 years of practice I decided to try and learn it on bass. I felt proud as hell when I did finally learn it. Steve Harris' tone set my standards for tone. I nearly always play on high tone, whatever the song. So that's an essay on what got me into heavy metal and Maiden. Heaven can Wait, at least until I've learnt every Iron Maiden song there is.
            Reminds me, I'm seeing Iron Maiden in September!

I'm seeing Iron Maiden with Anthrax, Megadeth, Testament, Overkill, and Sabaton all in one show - exactly 10 days after I see Black Sabbath.

Comment

The first album would have to be ''Among the Living'' by Anthrax.
              As for song, probably ''Infinite Dreams'' by Iron Maiden!

Comment

Judas Priest is the band that got me into Heavy Metal!

Comment

Breaking the law by Judas Priest

Comment

First intro to metal was two albums. Black Sabbath's first album and Judas Priest's Sin After Sin. And a Ronco record that had No More Mr. Nice Guy.

Comment

Master of Reality- Black Sabbath

Comment

Album Killers

Comment

Metallica's Black Album, specifically Sad But True. Followed very shortly by my friend's dad's copy of Master of Reality.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think the first song was "Crazy Train", and the first album was Ozzy's Diary Of A Madman.
                            My band: VISIBLY INVISIBLE

Comment

Way back before I listened to heavy music it was **** like Nightwish and some British post-hardcore bands, but that was before I really dug into metal.
                              Then one day a friend of mine found out I play guitar and told me to learn to play a song and he sent me a link for Cemetary Gates by Pantera, and that was it I was hooked.
                              Still haven't learned the whole song to this day lol but I ****ing love metal more every day \m/

Comment

Ooh! I wants 'em!

My answer: The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Are You Experienced? That's if you're talking about music that I personally consider to be "proto" heavy metal. If you really need a "metal metal" album, it was probably Black Sabbath's first album.
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X