Steve Harris SPB-4 Giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Steve Harris SPB-4 Giveaway

Really it was 2 albums at once, Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold and The Black Album by Metallica. Then later on SkidRow, Slayer, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, and many of the other classics and newer ones.

Comment

Honestly, a bit later than most on here but "Technical Difficulties" by Racer X [ Paul Gilbert ] who later, by the way, played in Mr. Big with one of the greatest bassists alive Mr. Billy Sheehan. What a great way to be introduced to metal in my honest opinion

EDIT - Can't go without the honorable mention of Megadeth's "Rust In Peace"

Edit Edit - Fairies Wear Boots from Paranoid, how fantastic was that one.
      Last edited by Applebutta; 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

First song - Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
        First album was Master of Puppets

Comment

My first Heavy Metal experience was with Metal Works by Judas Priest. I was really into Jazz and Bluegrass music when I bought this record because it had a cool cover and cool song names. I still remember buying albums because of the cover art and reading the song names.

Comment

It was either Piece of Mind or Killing is My Business (maybe it goes without saying but, Megadeth), or Suicidal Tendencies (skate metal?).

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott Olson;3469901][CENTER]We're giving away a set of Steve Harris SPB-4 pickups, to enter just tell us the first metal album (or song) you recall being your introduction to heavy metal.

First song - God of Thunder and first album Destroyer, both from KISS.

Comment

Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind album was what got me started. The song was The Trooper

Comment

my first metal song that I recall was Whiplash by Metallica. Still one of my favorites by them

Comment

It was a long time ago, but it was Powersleve, the song and the album... I ws mystified by that music... It all felt surreal to me...

Nitram

Comment

My first real metal exposure was Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time

Comment

I remember the first real taste I got was in 8th or 9th grade...Master of Puppets, both the song and album.

Comment

It may have been "Eight Days a Week" by Alvin & the Chipmunks, but if any of you 'purists' out there don't think it fits the category, then it would have to be the Machine Head album by Deep Purple

Comment

The First song I can think of that got me into metal was Strange Kind of Woman by Deep Purple ...

Comment

my very first proper metal song was cowboys from hell by pantera.

Comment

My first song was Prowler, from the album Iron Maiden

Comment

Working...
                                X