Joyo US Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyo US Dream

I agree the US Dream seemed noisy and I gave it away, but the real question is, is the Suhr Riot upon which it's based noisy as well? If it was, then the US Dream is just doing it's job.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
      I agree the US Dream seemed noisy and I gave it away, but the real question is, is the Suhr Riot upon which it's based noisy as well? If it was, then the US Dream is just doing it's job.
      Good point, I would think merely based off of demos I've heard BUT that does not mean it is not noisy and it was corrected/omitted during the demos.

Comment

Reviving an old thread–so I apologize in advance!

I finally got my Suhr Riot pedal so I was able to see how the two compare. At first the Riot was super quiet while the US Dream was very noisy when turned on (not playing a note, just background noise/fizz sound.) So I thought that's a good difference between a $30ish pedal and a $200ish pedal. However, later on both pedals were super quiet and re-arranging different pedals (just trying out different tones) made both quiet and then noisy (albeit, the Riot was always much more quiet than the US Dream)...so I'm not ready to write off the US Dream as "noisy" just yet as it seems like other things may be a factor (and again, I'm talking about the noise/fizz in the background when you are not playing.)

Now to the tone differences (which I seriously need to unpack my Zoom recorder out to record,) I felt that the US Dream was more of a high gain pedal and the Riot was more tame....I actually love both pedals and both are staying on my board. lol The Riot seemed to handle less gain turned on better than the US Dream. The pedals react differently to my playing so I am glad that I have both.

Comment

I think you could find the differing component values on joyo & replace them with the right ones to get it to be close enough to the riot. They might be using noisy IC/Op-Amps in the joyo causing the noise related issue. Also not most joyos are truebypass even though they use that type of footswitch, mostly for aesthetics, the buffer design might be poor as well causing it to not fit in with some other pedals. Just some random thoughts.

Comment

A good gate goes a long way
            Jackson Soloist/EMG 81,85
            Ibanez Artist/GL Screamin Demon BR, Ibanez N
            Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul/EMG 81,85

Mostly Metal, Mostly Heavy, 35 years

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
              I think you could find the differing component values on joyo & replace them with the right ones to get it to be close enough to the riot. They might be using noisy IC/Op-Amps in the joyo causing the noise related issue. Also not most joyos are truebypass even though they use that type of footswitch, mostly for aesthetics, the buffer design might be poor as well causing it to not fit in with some other pedals. Just some random thoughts.
              I actually like that they are not the same–I really like both of them but the Riot is just sweeter and sounds better to my ears. I can't really dial in the US Dream on lower gain and volume but the Riot handles it top notch. Good thoughts

Originally posted by Wormhelmet View Post
              A good gate goes a long way
              Did you say gate? lol I should get one...along with a Delay and a Reverb pedal. lol

Excellent point btw

Comment

I think if anyone playing the Dream, the Riot, or anything else of this nature is bothered by the noise, you need to keep playing instead of stopping all the time.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love my US Dream.... I have not found it to be all that noisey.
                  Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                  Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                  PRS McCarty STD
                  '71 Gibson SG Custom
                  Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                  Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    I think if anyone playing the Dream, the Riot, or anything else of this nature is bothered by the noise, you need to keep playing instead of stopping all the time.
                    Ha!

Comment

How does it comp w/a DS-1?

Not sure about the specs,tho,don't have it in front of me...
                      "Generally" speaking,I guess...
                      Last edited by Rand-O-Monium; 07-31-2015, 11:07 AM.
                      "Scalloped & Stickered"
                      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
                        How does it comp w/a DS-1?

Not sure about the specs,tho,don't have it in front of me...
                        "Generally" speaking,I guess...
                        I had a Keeley Modded DS-1 and the US Dream offers way more gain, IMO. Tonally I found the US Dream to be a little richer, darker, and more powerful than the DS-1.

Comment

Sounds 'bout perfect,then...

DS-1's kinda "not it"...

"Scalloped & Stickered"

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
                            Sounds 'bout perfect,then...

DS-1's kinda "not it"...

Ha! If you think about it, let us know your thoughts when you get it.

Comment

But Of Course!

"Scalloped & Stickered"

Comment

Good 1st impression!

Thanx (yet) Again!
                                "Scalloped & Stickered"

Comment

Working...
                                X