banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDUG Ultimate Axe BASS: Gentlemen, start your CAMERAS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDUG Ultimate Axe BASS: Gentlemen, start your CAMERA's

LarrNJ, you bad boy, I believed you owned that awesome bass......naughty, naughty lol you little devil lol
    BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
    Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
    Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
    Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
    Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
    Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
    Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
    Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
    Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
    Gibson EBO

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
      LarrNJ, you bad boy, I believed you owned that awesome bass......naughty, naughty lol you little devil lol
      Yes;

Shame on Me!
      ...For wanting to share professionally-taken-by-the-builder pics of a SD pup equipped awesome bass!
      (instead of the blurred images I would have come up with)

I guess there are those who would post stock shots and claim the instrument as their own; but Not I!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryNJ View Post
        No. It's not really my bass, clown.
        I just like posting stock photos,
        Now what 's your issue?
        Well Larry, since you asked I'll explain....

First of all, let me say I really like your use of the phrase clown subtly alluding to my screen name / avatar. Well played.

You appear to be new enough to not entirely get the purpose of my post, so let me explain; I run a competition every once and again called "SDUG Ultimate Axe" where we post our awesome guitars. There is a bass category. The rules (aka MY rules) are that you must own the guitar in question.

This thread is a request for the basses. When I saw that pic, I thought it was a fantastic bass. But as it was a pro-photo, I could not tell if you actually owned it. If you actually owned it, I was going to encourage submission. If you thought you could enter a guitar not owned, or not in your possession (even if paid for) I was going to explain that you couldn't.

I'm having trouble deciphering the degree of sarcasm in the quote above,

Either way Larry, welcome to SDUG! Just saying if you own that it would be a contender - but tough to tell from the pic.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

What does the winner of the competition get?

Free merch/pickups? :P

I'm new to this too.
          Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Mostly bragging rights.

There have been rumors of goodies, but - to be honest - I'd rather they didn't. Keep it fun.
            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Ah right

Small stuff would be cool t-shirt or pickup pendant - maybe even just a set of picks with the logo on it - I'd be happy with that
              Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Especiallly with so much of it being subjective - heck, go look at the two heats of Super Strats...
                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Well Larry, since you asked I'll explain....

(blah-blah-blah)

I'll run this down for you:

I spec'd out and ordered that instrument about 3 1/2 months ago; after seeing the builders info:

There are (2) major points in his approach to building; tonewoods and SD electronics. I agree with him fully; that's why I ordered the bass.
                  It was shipped to me on Monday & I rec'd it Wednesday.

The only reason I joined this Forum and posted here was to remark how well the Duncan preamp and pups work with this bass; absolutely phenomenal.

I really could not care less about winning a contest or "bragging rights" that would be arbitrary anyway. There's no "best bass" only what's best for a given player.

However I do enjoy showing this bass, and pointing out the builder's skills, encouraging other bassists considering a custom instrument to check his work out (some killer stuff); or at least look into the electronics package that was used on this bass.

Did I mention my digital camera sucks? Since the builder provided an actual diary of build shots, beginning with raw lumber, all the way through to the finished bass, and the bass was in transit, I posted his excellent pics rather that the poor quality images I could have provided.

See? It has my name and everything! Does that erase your doubts and suspicions??

As far as "rules" as to whether the bass is "in my possession..."

Get real. Maybe YOU have a mindset that would post pics of a bass you don't own and claim it as your own.

I don't.

Get it? Good!

And thanks for the Forum welcome!

Here; Have Some More!!

DISCLAIMER: (2) of the pictures of basses shown here were NOT taken by me!! They are stock or mfrs. shots.
                  But I own them and play them! Can you believe it??!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1969 P-Bass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	5772172, 1969 P-Bass SD HOT

Name:	fcspbass.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	5772173 FCS 2013 Closet Classic Precison Bass Pro, stacked FCS SD '51 P-Bass

Name:	FU41.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	5772174, Modulus FU4, Basslines MM

Last edited by LarryNJ; 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the bass, and life and everything Larry
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryNJ
                        And I think some people are just born to be punk-ass posters on internet forums, like you "Jolly"
                        LMAO!! All I did was make a statement, and it wasn't directed towards anyone at all. However, I find it funny that you thought that it was directed towards you. Apparantly you've been called that times before in your life. So, I reckon if the shoe fits, you wear it. Don't blame me for the type of person that you come across as.......That is as far as you think.

Edit: Yeah, I am a punk-ass.
                        Last edited by JOLLY; 09-28-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                            Originally posted by Zerberus
                            Better is often the enemy of good
                            Originally posted by ginormous
                            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Larry.
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X