tone slut
    Marshall DSL 40C
    Fender EVH Striped Series
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    Fender Squier Tele Affinity
    Mogami cables

Comment

Re: Scored a Bogner Red pedal.

The Bogner Red definitely sounds and feels just like the real thing. I had one for a few months last year and running it into my Straub single-channel Blackface type of amp, it sounded and responded very much like my old XTC Classic and my friend's XTC 101b. A very good pedal for those players with a good clean amp, who desire a real Bogner without the price tag.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I'm interested in hearing more about the Red. I had the Blue and there was a harshness to the treble that I couldn't dial out. It was pretty frustrating given how well it felt... it certainly reacts better than other distortion/overdrive pedals I've used in the past. I've gathered that the Red is darker and smoother and I'm willing to bet that kills with the brighter Fender scooped amps.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

There not harsh at all, its your amp try changing the preamp tubes. Great with fender type amps
          tone slut
          Marshall DSL 40C
          Mogami cables

Comment

I tried one out in front of a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I dialed in a nice chimey clean tone on the amp and switched the pedal on. Then I messed around with the pedal's settings. And wow! It sounded nice.

So yeah, you did good. Nice score!
            Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

You guys are gonna hate me. haha

I got offered a really good deal on the other two....the Ecstasy Blue and Uberschall Black, which completes the set of three. I couldn't pass up the opportunity, and I consider them all keepers.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

cool what amp ya running with them? there smoother with a buffer up front
                tone slut
                Marshall DSL 40C
                Mogami cables

Comment

Good gravy. Well, there's your 3-channel preamp on the floor. I wonder how they sound run straight in to a power amp and speaker cab, bypassing another preamp altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                    cool what amp ya running with them? there smoother with a buffer up front
                    Since I'm sure Bogner designed them for an edgy clean amp, I've found that they sound best into an amp with woodier sounding clean tone like a cleanish Marshall, AC-30, 410 Bassman, Gibson Goldtone, or Matchless. They still sound good into a Fender Blackface, but not quite as good. They might sound OK into a power amp, but they were probably designed to double up with an edgy clean preamp section.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Awesome, yet another superb set for you my Dandy friend! I'm really REALLY looking forward to your review to see how they compare in sound and feel to the real deal amp! Nice one Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                        Since I'm sure Bogner designed them for an edgy clean amp, I've found that they sound best into an amp with woodier sounding clean tone like a cleanish Marshall, AC-30, 410 Bassman, Gibson Goldtone, or Matchless. They still sound good into a Fender Blackface, but not quite as good. They might sound OK into a power amp, but they were probably designed to double up with an edgy clean preamp section.
                        I run mine into a blues deluxe it sounds great, Bogner did say a separate clean channel is best or a sorta break up. Bet the fender blackface is killer and the Matchless good taste
                        tone slut
                        Marshall DSL 40C
                        Mogami cables

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                          I run mine into a blues deluxe it sounds great, Bogner did say a separate clean channel is best or a sorta break up. Bet the fender blackface is killer and the Matchless good taste
                          Hmm, this makes me think one would sound good in front of my Blues Jr with the master volume turned up enough to get the power tubes to start cookin' a little and the preamp backed off so it's still clean.

Comment

prb not too bad, but they sound huge and good with a 6l6 fender amp turned up
                            tone slut
                            Marshall DSL 40C
                            Mogami cables

Comment

I know that the Red that I tried out in front of that Hot Rod Deluxe sounded great, which had 6L6s in it, but the Blues Jr is a little different, because it has EL-84s. Damn, now I'm jonesing for one of these pedals again. Lol

Comment

Dr. P has a BJ and it worked pretty good there some vids on the tube
                                tone slut
                                Marshall DSL 40C
                                Mogami cables

Comment

Working...
                                X