NAD - HT Metal 5h content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - HT Metal 5h content

I can say one thing, this 5 watt head eats my old HT Venue Studio 20 head for breakfast.

The clean channel sparkles and shimmers just like the Studio 20 but the Dist. channel is where the difference is. I can't believe how heavy this thing is and I haven't even modded my StratPlus yet! I'm still using the Fender Lace Sensor single coils and the feedback, sustain, crunch and lead is crazy!

I can't imagine what my sound is gonna be like when I've got the high output humbuckers installed in the axe

Well I'm gonna have to turn the gain down, it's as simple as that. I have the gain knob on 11 because I've always suffered a metal deficiency when playing the Fender because of the single coils and therefore right before I roll the volume knob up on the strat it's instinctual to twist the amp's gain clockwise until it stops, then I can play.

Blackstar's ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) is actually pretty cool, I didn't get as much out of it in my HT20h as I am now. I have it at 2 O'clock (more toward the British end) and I like the tonal characteristic there. It's not "scooped" but it's not "woody" either, kinda like well, MY sound.lol

The digital reverb is a nice bonus on a metal amp too. The reverb in this amp didn't disappoint, it was pretty BIG sounding.

I was going to swap out the tubes but upon checking the two tubes it comes loaded with I discovered that they are Electro-Harmonix Made in Russia. Wow, not cheap Chinese tubes that need changed out immediately, shocked!

It uses one ECC83 preamp tube and one 12BH7 power tube.

In conclusion I would like to say that my old Venue Series HT20 was "Designed and Engineered in the U.K." and Made in Korea .....and when I opened up my new baby the other day I was hurt to discover that it was "Designed and Engineered in the U.K." and Made in China!
    Blackstar's Artisan Series (you know the heads that are like $3,000) are "hand-wired in Korea" so I was hoping that this new series would be "made in Korea" like the HT Venue's but I digress........

Re: NAD - HT Metal 5h content

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
      Very nice! Congrats!
      Thanks Surgeon!

One thing I forgot to rattle-on about was the Standby Switch.

I LOVE the fact that this 5watt head has a Standby Switch!

My old HT 20 Studio DID NOT have a standby switch and this little 5 watter does!

If you are using the Emulated Out for recording, you can still monitor your sound AND be recording also. .........But, if you are recording via the Emulated Out and you flip the amp into Standby you are still recording with the Emulated Out but now the amp is silent! This is a really cool feature!

Not to mention that ALL tube amps should have a Standby......I mean come on!

Comment

BRILLIANT !!! . . . and HNAD to you !

My local store said they are getting these in next month.
        Can not wait to try 'em myself.
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
          BRILLIANT !!! . . . and HNAD to you !

My local store said they are getting these in next month.
          Can not wait to try 'em myself.
          Thank you for the HNAD!!! It is a happy day indeed, or day(s) actually, I've had it now for three days. I needed to feel it out before I reviewed it.

Comment

I might have to buy one of 'em myself! Congrats, it looks super slick on top of the Engl cab.
            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
            Originally posted by CTN
            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Sharp!!!

'Grats!!!
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by ~Vintage~ View Post
                Blackstar's ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) is actually pretty cool, I didn't get as much out of it in my HT20h as I am now. I have it at 2 O'clock (more toward the British end) and I like the tonal characteristic there. It's not "scooped" but it's not "woody" either, kinda like well, MY sound.lol
                i find that to be the neutral point on the HT5 distX, which is quite likely the circuit they're using here. IME it always sounds like the same amp, but i was surprised at how different my guitars and pickups sounded through it when i started EQing with my ears and not using too much of the ISF.

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                I might have to buy one of 'em myself! Congrats, it looks super slick on top of the Engl cab.
                it does indeed!

excellent NAD, a lot of fun to be had there i think

Comment

Cool, man. Thanks for the update, and happy new amp day!

Comment

Congrats and awesome amp! What speaker is in that ENGL cab?
                    -IM

Comment

Congrats! I want one and you're making me want one more! I like my HT5 1X10 combo a lot (although I use it with a Mesa cabinet) but I think this will fit me better.

Comment

Thanks for the NAD wishes everyone!

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                        i find that to be the neutral point on the HT5 distX, which is quite likely the circuit they're using here. IME it always sounds like the same amp, but i was surprised at how different my guitars and pickups sounded through it when i started EQing with my ears and not using too much of the ISF.
                        Yeah, that may be the "neutral" point on the dial. I will definitely be getting an MXR 10-band though, I feel that I would really benefit from having more low end.

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
                        Congrats and awesome amp! What speaker is in that ENGL cab?
                        Thanks, it's got a V30 in it.
                        Last edited by ~Vintage~; 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X