Hot Rails wiring for classic player series Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rails wiring for classic player series Jaguar

This is my first post here, so I'll just get right to it. I have a Hot Rails pickup that I'd like to use to replace the stock bridge pickup on my Jaguar. I've been having trouble finding information on how exactly to do this. If possible, I'd like to put on some sort of switch so I could play the Hot Rails pickup as humbucker or split coil. Thanks in advance!

Re: Hot Rails wiring for classic player series Jaguar

Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you have a classic Jag, here is the basic wiring diagram...

Here is a diagram that shows how you will replace the bridge pup with any humbucker pup (inc Hot Rails) that has typical SD 4 cond. wires. The diagram shows the use of a push/pull pot, but any 2P2T mini toggle will work and be wired just the same...
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks man! It's classic player series, which is the newer ones, but after opening it up and looking at it, there's not too much difference in the wiring. This definitely helps a lot, so thank you!

Comment

That SD diagram for the Jaguar is not completely accurate for the 62 AVRI, 50th anniversary, MIJ SE, Squier VM, and original 62 Jaguars, and I bet your CP is the same as the ones I listed and likely the new 65 AVRI as well. The differences are that there should be a 56K ohm resistor on the lower tone control, and the capacitor on the upper tone should be .01mfd rather than .1. This does not apply to the Squier VM HH, Fender Blacktop or Fender Modern Player models.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jaguar-1corrections b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	5772914
        "It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm Peterson

Comment

Working...
        X