Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Blackout wiring diagram

Hello,

I bought a pair of SD Blackouts and it's my first time i do a clean installation using all the new electronic components included. I know how the pickups wires battery clip and switch is welding, but I don't know which color should I use for the other componentes, the package included white and black wires. For more understanding I attach a diagram marking the wires.

I guess 3, 4 and 7 are white and all the others (ground) are black but i'm not really sure, any kind of help will be grateful, i'm a really newie. Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2_blackouts_1v_1t_3w.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	5830841Click image for larger version

Name:	20131120_193223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	5830842
    Last edited by LVTN; 11-21-2013, 09:24 AM.

Re: Help with Blackout wiring diagram

Originally posted by LVTN View Post
    Hello,

I bought a pair of SD Blackouts and it's my first time i do a clean installation using all the new electronic components included. I know how the pickups wires battery clip and switch is welding, but I don't know which color should I use for the other componentes, the package included white and black wires. For more understanding I attach a diagram marking the wires.

I guess 3, 4 and 7 are white and all the others (ground) are black but i'm not really sure, any kind of help will be grateful, i'm a really newie. Thank you in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48205[/ATTACH]
    It's really up to you but, usually white wire is used for HOT path, while black is used for ground.
    So, you should use that white from your jack's tip to the volume pot and, that black, from your jack' sleeve to your common grounding pot.
    In fact, no color changes any electrical stuff so, as soon as you link components as shown in the diagram with whichever wire color, you are done.
    My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Thanks a lot hermetico , i imagined that but i'm a really newie so who knows... I prefer to ask just in case i broke something. Thanks again I hope to do the job this weekend.

Comment

One thing to note: diagram draws the quick connects upside down. Installed, the red wire on the clips is on the neck side (the triangle mark on the clip goes on the side which touches the pickup's bottom)
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
        X