Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blog: Jazz Bass vs. P-Bass

Originally posted by marcboomer View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]49585[/ATTACH]Regarding the quote of a jazz bass bridge pickup being useless> I had a lucky accident with one of my Jazz basses when I had to replace the neck with a Warmoth. The new neck sits deeper into the socket than planned so I had to move the bridge all the way back to the edge of the bottom of the body in order to make it intonate. This caused the pickups to be stationed closer to the neck than usual, making both of them sound warmer. The bridge pickup now has more girth and punch.
    was that an early 90s jazz bass? 22 fret neck with the extra wood in the upper bout? Looks like it in your photo. I believe people are now calling these "boner" basses because of the extra wood! lol
    I had the same issue fitting a warmoth neck to that body cos the warmoth neck is a regular vintage style 21 fretter and the fender body was built to accommodate a 22 fretter.
    Worked out pretty damn nice tho!
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Re: Blog: Jazz Bass vs. P-Bass

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
      or you can do it this way:
      The pickups in this bass are double coil humcancelling just like P-bass pickups, but housed in the smaller j-bass style covers.
      Originally posted by uOpt View Post
      BURN THE HERETIC
      This made me laugh!

I love my hum-cancelling J pickups. It took Fender a few tries, but they finally got it right with this pickup (Super 55).
      Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
      To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
      X