chibson les paul....chinese copy gibsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: chibson les paul....chinese copy gibsons

The one thing I've heard say over and over again when spotting fakes is that the pots are not aligned in a rhombus on the fakes usually. I assume that, since I heard that news like 10 years ago, things are different now and they've figured how to tool in accordance with the carved top or whatever their malfunction was. As LPs tend to break at the headstock easily, people buy up broken models and do a neck graft too so checking the stamps on back are no clear evidence.
    And of course I've read a bunch about people reshaping Agile headstocks. That would be an easier fake to spot in person, but not online.

This sneaky sh!t is the reason I started not liking standard body shapes anyway; way less chance of a fake when nobody likes them. It wasn't until way after when I found out about all the bad business stuff.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
      Just to be clear, I would rather French-kiss Ed Roman's corpse than buy from one of these places.
      Hey hey hey now! No need to besmirch Chinese Knockoff's like that!!!!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i have chinese copy, its good

Comment

put EMG 81

Comment

Yes, EMGs and ultra high gain is the perfect partner for these guitars

Comment

WTF just happened

Comment

Another dead thread about reissue Lawsuit Les Paul's not made by the original company.
                Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                  Yes, EMGs and ultra high gain is the perfect partner for these guitars
                  lol. no kidding. i couldn't hear any les paul in that boss metal zone boosted solid state amped chibson. any plank of wood would have sounded the same.

Comment

sorry for the necropost, but i have a chinese les paul, and for the money it's pretty nice. way nicer than i expected.
                    Quality riffs in about a minute...
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                      sorry for the necropost, but i have a chinese les paul, and for the money it's pretty nice. way nicer than i expected.
                      Does it have its own brand and headstock or does it try to be a Gibson-branded guitar?

Comment

Everyone seems to forget that GIBSON owns a factory in Qingdao China (Epiphones and parts for Gibsons)
                        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                          Does it say CHIBSON?

I don't have a problem with Chines/ Korean/ Indonesian guitars . My problem is with Fakes and Bad copies. A few weeks back someone was trying to sell a PG Ibanez out here in a local used instruments forum. A total RIP OFF, copy.
                          Last edited by Jocelyn; 09-19-2014, 05:18 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                          JFG Flying V,
                          "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                          John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

It says Gibson on it. I have no issues with that. I wasn't looking for a gibson, i really just wanted to see what buying a bootleg guitar from china was all about. i was prepared for anything (wrong color, broken guitar, seized at customs, etc) but was actually pretty impressed with what i got. anyone who knows what to look for in a les paul would be able to tell it's fake right away, and i personally would never sell it. i put new pickups in it and gave a quick tweak of the neck. it's a lot of guitar for $230.
                            Quality riffs in about a minute...
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                            X