X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss DS-1 love...

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    I love my Spina modded one! alot smoother than stock
    Thats cool to read this....Still working and you enjoy the pedal? Awesome! Thx for that pal..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

stock DS-1 + Vox AC15 is good
      Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
      http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        I love my Spina modded one! alot smoother than stock
        You and me both, Bro. It just has more . . . cojones. Stratdeluxer97 is the next Keeley.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          You and me both, Bro. It just has more . . . cojones. Stratdeluxer97 is the next Keeley.
          Hi buddy....Actually I haven't modded a pedal in quite a few years now....Playing alot more these days and not modding stuff..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I just swapped d5 for a white LED I pulled out of a coleman headlamp just now and I couldnt put the guitar down for over an hour. I was running it into my Rev Jr set just slightly dirty. It was tight and cleaned up nice. I think more gain than stock too...or at least I was able to turn the gain up almost all the way before it went to crap like a stock DS1. I was just about to trade the DS1 towards a Kramer tomorrow too and now it stays.
            "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Comment

Speaking of the DS-1, looks like boss have redesigned the OD-1 and DS-1, no sound in this clip but Boss have my attention:

“Dude, sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.” - Jake the Dog

Comment

I think the new ones (DS-1X) are digital so not sure if they are going appeal to the analog purists. I really like my Taiwanese DS-1 100% stock in front of my Mesa 44 amp - gives me extra compression and sustain on top of my dirty sound, but also gives me boost and crunch on top of my clean channel. Great pedal if you know how to set the knobs and then use it with the right amp - keep the tone on the lower side if you don't want the top end buzz. If you want to get into shred ala Vai, Satriani and Lynch this is killer pedal to use. There are comparisons of the Japanese and Taiwanese models on Youtube - the differences seem pretty negligible to me (perhaps the Japanese model sounds a little rounder and a bit softer in the top end) - maybe it's more a "feel" thing, maybe it's more to do with Japanese models being rarer (=mojo factor). The Rat is also a good option for 80s-style shredding.

Comment

IME Boss' digital gain pedals/amp modelling blow chunks..especially as a goose for an already overdriven amp. I was anxious to try one of the X series until I found out it was 101010101010101. Considering they will be selling for $150 (sweetwater has them on their site), i have lost any small amount of interest I still had left.

There is very much a difference between originals and new ones, more than you can hear on youtube clips. Old old ones have a more useable tone and gain knob, have less strident bass and highs, the midrange is more prominent...less scoopy, less brittle..
                  I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Honestly, just about any Distortion pedal will work in a tube amp situation. And unlike a lot of bedroom players believe, YOU DON'T NEED THE GAIN TO BE FULL BLAST!!! And we wonder why some of these pedals sound like a can of bees.

As long as you got a good tube amp, and a good sounding guitar, then that's half the battle right there, and then you pick your pedal depending on taste.

Comment

Working...
                    X