banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed interested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

WOW, that's very interesting Lew. I'll HAVE to check one out now. I'm guessing it has a buffer too?
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Re: I posted about the EH SOUL FOOD Klon clone a few days and no one seemed intereste

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      I thought everyone went all batsh!t when a company steals a circuit. I guess we're cool with it?
      I think people are okay with it because this is the very first affordable Klone, and also because of the ridiculous prices that Cenaturs (and even some of their clones) are fetching.

Originally posted by Luke Duke View Post
      WOW, that's very interesting Lew. I'll HAVE to check one out now. I'm guessing it has a buffer too?
      It's switchable between true and buffered bypass.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

and you cant buy a new klon anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke View Post
          As Agileguy mentioned, it's switchable for buffer or true bypass, too. Although the buffer setting seems to be what everyone prefers.

Just spoke with Bruce @ Missionamps and he says he'll have six next week - then he's going to order six more. He said that EH told him they are selling so fast that they can't build enough of them and will only ship them six at a time to dealers.
          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I thought the KLon itself was being reissued? . Anyway, as long as you don't really truly believe in your heart that its anything even remotely close to a real Klon, then its all good. I heard clips of the actual Klon reissue next to a real Klon, and IMO even that didnt sound all that close. Thise Klons are Gold. You aint gonna replicate ot for 70 bucks.Okay, you may get somewhere in the nieghborhood..like 1/2 way across town .
            Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              I thought the KLon itself was being reissued? . Anyway, as long as you don't really truly believe in your heart that its anything even remotely close to a real Klon, then its all good. I heard clips of the actual Klon reissue next to a real Klon, and IMO even that didnt sound all that close. Thise Klons are Gold. You aint gonna replicate ot for 70 bucks.Okay, you may get somewhere in the nieghborhood..like 1/2 way across town .
              How can you say that if you've never played one? It's much more than just remotely close - it's very close. I've never heard a single clip of a Klon or a Klon Klone in an online demo that sounded like one. The players doing the demo just miss what the Klon can really do, and demo it as if it were a mere distortion pedal. Here's what a Klon sounds like and what it can do:

Last edited by Lewguitar; 01-11-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

How's the noise floor on the Soul Food?

Comment

Cool! I've been looking for an affordable clone for a while now, I'm ordering one tonight!

Comment

I would definitely look into these if I hadn't just purchased an incredible Klone. For $63, there's no better way to get a feel for whether or not you even like the circuit.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                      For $63, there's no better way to get a feel for whether or not you even like the circuit.
                      Exactly!

Comment

I ordered mine from MF just after Christmas, with a 1/14 ship date. Can't wait to hear how it sounds. I will be my first OD that's not an SD-1 or TS type.
                        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Who is that absolutely stunning woman on that clip? She is stunning gorgeous and superemly talented.
                          The thing I HATE about Jeff Beck is his soft fingering of the lead notes. Its seductive and really Easy to "cheat" that way and get fast response and stuff , and I do it too, but when push comes to shove, better strike those strings hard with with a pick!I love a guy who can get that huge immidiate note response of a pick, and still have lots ofthe fast response and subtley of fingerpicking.
                          Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-10-2014, 08:42 PM.
                          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                            I ordered mine from MF just after Christmas, with a 1/14 ship date. Can't wait to hear how it sounds. I will be my first OD that's not an SD-1 or TS type.
                            Build cheap sh*T, and they will come.

Comment

Actually, as an electrical/automation/manufacturing engineer of 30 years, I know the difference between cheap sh*T and a quality product that's been designed for consistent, high-volume, low-cost production. EH sells the latter. Mike Mathews has been at this longer than anybody, and if he can get me 90% of the tone for 3% of the cost, he has my respect and my $63.
                              Last edited by Rich_S; 01-10-2014, 08:54 PM.
                              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                                How can you say that if you've never played one?
                                Because it's less than $200 and less than 25 years old. He's obligated not to like it.
                                Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                                X