Check your local GC. MXR Classic OD's now $19.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check your local GC. MXR Classic OD's now $19.99

If they've got 'em, I could snag one for you...
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I have two of the green set on GT-OD. I will get two more of the cream, if I can find them, just for the ZW setting on both of my boards.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

This is a *great* pedal and I thought it was a steal for $30 last year. I have tried several MXR dirt/OD pedals on my board, but this is the one that cannot be bumped by the others.

I did not even know about the ZW switch inside...
        Originally posted by DreX
        Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
        The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
        There's no substance to anything I have posted.
        Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
        I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vegetable View Post
          This is a *great* pedal and I thought it was a steal for $30 last year. I have tried several MXR dirt/OD pedals on my board, but this is the one that cannot be bumped by the others.

I did not even know about the ZW switch inside...
          I got mine 2 years ago from my wife as a stocking stuffer. I gave her the heads up that it was on sale for $29.99 and that was a steal....so for $19.99 you'd have to be brain dead to pass that up. The internal switch goes from GT-OD to ZW-OD, it's the best $20 you'll ever spend on a pedal.

I've compared my Classic OD vs the Fulltone OCD v4 and needless to say I sold the OCD and got $125 back in my pocket.

Comment

Is this still going on? I'm highly interested.

Comment

I just got two.
              Hmm...

Comment

Good! Heading to GC now to see about picking one up! Probably gonna try to trade my Boss SD-1 for it to see where it gets me.

Comment

Pretty much any GC will match any other GCs deals. And yes, I'm quite sure it's on sale across the chain. I work at the Brooklyn store and we have them for 20 as well.

Guitar->pedals->amp
                  Gear:
                  Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
                  Epi Dot Natural
                  Partscaster blackie
                  Breedlove Passport Mahogany
                  VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
                  Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Hmmm. Tempting to pick one up again. I had a green one but sold it along with all my other pedals. Been wanting a SD-1 again though too.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up GJ! I saw this and made a detour to my GC to grab one! For $20, it's almost wrong not to!
                      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

After taking it apart to get to the switch and A/B'ing the normal side and Zakk Wylde side of the pedal I've come to the conclusion that this is a $20 pedal. Along the lines of the plastic Danalectro pedals. The component quality is poor. And that's disappointing from MXR. The normal side is a little shrill. The other side is ok, at best, at bedroom levels. I haven't tried it at volume yet. The lack of true bypass, or the ability to add true bypass bothers me. I can't see how GC tried to sell these things for $100. Which is why they are $20 now.
                        Hmm...

Comment

They're the sams as the MXR GTOD as well, which is I think $129.99. I think it sounds about as good as most other TS style pedals. I grabbed it for a small jam rig or to take into shady bars lol.
                          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Bah!
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

No luck at the one near me.

Comment

Just went and picked one up. Took it for a test drive and A/B tested it against my TS9.

There really seemed to be no significant difference between the two. The only thing that differs is that the TS9 has a dab more high mids than the MXR, but other than that, there wasn't much difference.

I would say it's definitely a usable overdrive and a good back-up for me. I own 3 overdrives now. The TS9, the SD-1, and now the MXR GCM66, and so far the TS9 is still my favorite, but the MXR is a close second.

Comment

Working...
                                X