• Show
Clear All

• New pedalboard day

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390173139.153589.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	5832016

Went with a smaller board, recently added in the Perseus octave/fuzz and the Dry Bell vibe which sounds really great. Next to the vibe is a mini expression pedal from this1smyne which is a really useful little gadget I came across: basically a big knob that works as a 25k ohm expression pedal that you can turn with your toe, to vary the speed on the vibe pedal.

sigpic

Re: New pedalboard day

Nice! I'm glad you're enjoying the Vibe Machine, it really is a killer pedal. Just a tip - it seems like your expression pedal is a little difficult to reach. I would put it in between the Perseus and the Pitchblack so that no other pedals are in the way when you're trying to access the expression control.

I really do love pedaltrain boards - the design makes it so easy to make your pedalboard nice and neat if you are so inclined, especially when it comes to the power supply. I'm on my second PT-1 and I'm actually ordering a PT-2 this week as I feel like the flight case would be better for me considering how hard I am on my stuff during load in/out. And an extra two inches of board space will allow me to fit on a nice MIDI controller for my Strymon Timeline/Mobius.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Nice stuff.

I like having a small board too. My big board is great and offers a lot of stuff but there is a lot to be said for a simple, easy to navigate small board too!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeah, I haven't figured out exactly where I want the expression knob although I set up stage left, stand left of my board and use my right foot for wah, etc. so I may end up leaving it where it is. Though if I shuffle pedals around I could also put it where the Perseus is now and it would be really easy to get to then. It's funny cause my left hamstring always hurts after practice or a gig since I am standing on it like a stork and using my right foot for wah and pedal stomping.

The Pedaltrain boards are awesome, this is my third one. I had a Pro (too big and heavy) and then a PT-1, which is great but I wanted to simplify and downsize a bit more so I got a PT-Jr. They are a great design for the price, they are very sturdy, easy to use, they look good, and they accomodate power bricks really well.

sigpic

Comment

Nice!
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

that looks fun! I would not say it is small, about 12 switches to step on

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
              that looks fun! I would not say it is small, about 12 switches to step on
              Yeah, it's still a little more complicated than I would like, but I hope it will be a good compromise between all my pedal addictions and the reality of trying to use it live.

sigpic

Comment

Nice board! That flashback looks like fun and I really want a Vibe machine !!!

I wanna downsize to something about this size but right now my 9 pedal board is getting used pretty heavily .. I might have to break down and finally make a second pedalboard for my other band
                Last edited by SongsForTheDeaf; 01-21-2014, 10:54 AM.
                Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Very cool! Vibe machine was on the list if my oxvibe didn't cut it... But my oxvibe is exactly what I needed. Great setup!
                  Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

How do you like that RMC wah? What made you choose that model over other wahs?

I went through a wah buying phase a few years ago. My favorite was a DeArmond Weeper...after I modded it to my taste. A similarly modded Thomas Organ Cry Baby with stack of dimes inductor was number 2. When prices of both wahs rose, I sold both. Now I use a modded Vox V847 which really does sound pretty good.

I had an RMC Wheels of Fire wah, but it never excited me. Whereas my former roommate had an RMC1 that sounded totally kicka$$!

Comment

Originally posted by toneseeker74 View Post
                      How do you like that RMC wah? What made you choose that model over other wahs?

I went through a wah buying phase a few years ago. My favorite was a DeArmond Weeper...after I modded it to my taste. A similarly modded Thomas Organ Cry Baby with stack of dimes inductor was number 2. When prices of both wahs rose, I sold both. Now I use a modded Vox V847 which really does sound pretty good.

I had an RMC Wheels of Fire wah, but it never excited me. Whereas my former roommate had an RMC1 that sounded totally kicka$$!
                      I love it. That one is a RMC 5 "Wizard Wah". It seems to handle other pedals well, it is not noisy, and it's well made. But the thing I like about it the best is that it does not lose as much volume on the low end of the sweep like many wahs do. It has a really nice resonant growl to it, which is great for my style of playing. I think it excels with distortion, it may not be as distinctive sounding when run clean; maybe not as quacky or funky as some other wahs. I had a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe before this which was a great wah but I always lost too much volume when rolling it back for my taste.

My *one* complaint about the RMC Wizard Wah is no LED indicator. Teese doesn't like the 3PDT switches that are needed to install an LED so he doesn't offer that feature. But it sounds so good I don't care.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X