New gizmo, Line 6 HD bean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gizmo, Line 6 HD bean.

Would I have bought it for full price? no, and I didn't. I bought it new for $199.

I haven't gotten too deep into it, but have gotten slightly deeper than the stock presets. I've found the low-gain amp settings to be at least on par with the Vox AD15VT I'm borrowing, and that's running through a bookshelf stereo. The accessibility to fooling with the head settings is easy enough, as are the mics and cabs. effects like stomps and post amp rack stuff is easy too. It's even easier with some software that lets for some pretty deep editing, apparently even with tube sag and bias on the amp models.

The Bass models are nice too. The Ampeg and Ampeg rock setting sound great, as does the thicker Fender.

Tons of synthy stuff, crossing over into non-guitar tonality, including big heavy synth basslines.

I haven't tried the vocal models. I have a cold and my children keep the house at a constant 80 decibels.

There's a function to shut off all amp sim and just use it as an effect-only device in a loop. I'm looking forward to applying this to a decent amp in the future.

It's a pretty good interface. It has ASIO built in and picks up in DAWs like a MIDI instrument or audio interface. I think you can use it for MIDI c/vs, and can also work as a through for the FBV...which I don't have.

I was planning on grabbing a Super Champ x2, but I think I'm going to be happier with this in the short run. It'll still get used if I manage to get a decent amp as a delay/reverb/etc station.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.
Working...
X