banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Say Pedals/Effects Cover Up Mistakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Do People Say Pedals/Effects Cover Up Mistakes?

So let's get a definition of mistake: "an error or blunder in action, opinion, or judgment". Mistakes are in the eye of the beholder really. When you have played music the way you would want to play it you have made no mistakes. If it did not go as you wanted you made a mistake. Sure if you try to copy/cover a song/part of a song/riff etc. you can make a mistake because it is not the same. But in original music there is just preference. Do we prefer our music to always we in one speed and with on the spot timing, or do we allow ourselves to wobble a bit in tempo and timing, it is all a choice. And certain music styles allow for more or less of it, by general consensus, that's about it. There will always be shredders calling blues guys sloppy and blues guys saying shredders lack feeling and touch. So what? Do what suits your music and tastes. Make some music you love and enjoy!
    Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I get it as a fellow Zeppelin fanatic and devout Pageian but a lot of live Led Zeppelin was improvisation. Comparing Jimmy riffing live to some shrednerd's cold calculated riffs is not fair. I would call it having fun. In the same view you would have to call Hendrix, Clapton, and a lot of other players sloppy that innovated live. I would imagine there are a ton of Jimmy Page "mistakes" that we recognize as musical genius.
      Page definitely flubbed a few notes here and there, even on the albums. He has said that he always chose the takes with the best feel to them, even if they contained a few technical screw-ups. And this is precisely why he is my #1 guitar hero of all time.

Music is made by human beings, not robots.
      Originally posted by DreX
      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Play more acoustic, or unplugged. Its amazing how much better your technique can become when you are not relying on amp, or effects to get your sound out there. Years ago I would sit in my living room with my guitar unplugged and just play for hours. It worked wonders on my hands and its amazing how you can coax wonderful tone out of a guitar without anything other then your hands.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Sloppy is Dan Auerbach on "The Flame", I think its the second chorus end where he swing-an-a-misses a string bend and it stays on the record.
          I.love.that.song. that album is so endearing to me, as have the albums after been. Both main guys are middling in talent, but are zealous on letting it be what it is. Gives me shivers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Working...
          X